Translation of passing in Spanish:
adjective/adjetivo(before noun/delante del nombre)
- 1 (going past) she hailed a passing taxi llamó a un taxi que pasabaExample sentences
- Luckily a passing police car stopped and helped.
- Demonstrators burned tyres and hurled stones at passing police cars.
- A passing police car was flagged down by witnesses and although the car was chased along Northway Lane it managed to escape.
- 2 2.1 [fad/fashion] pasajero; [glance] rápido 2.2 (casual) he made a passing reference to … se refirió al pasar or de pasada a … it was only a passing thought simplemente fue algo que se me ocurrió the subject was of more than passing interest to him estaba seriamente interesado en el temaExample sentences
- You probably see passing references to the casualties, like daily box scores-just as brief and much more brutal.
- I was aghast and horrified at the extent of human stupidity, and chalked it up to a quickly passing fad that would be soon go the way of foot binding.
- It is only a brief passing reference but it contains a little of the evidence which was given in the Family Court on the interlocutory proceedings.
- 2in passing (incidentally) al pasar, de pasada she mentioned it in passing lo mencionó al pasar or de pasada
- [archaic] asaz [literary/literario]
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Primaria is the name given in Spain to the first of the two compulsory levels of education. It is for pupils between six and twelve years of age and leads to the