adjective/adjetivo(before noun/delante del nombre)
- 1 (going past) she hailed a passing taxi llamó a un taxi que pasabaMore example sentences
- Luckily a passing police car stopped and helped.
- Demonstrators burned tyres and hurled stones at passing police cars.
- A passing police car was flagged down by witnesses and although the car was chased along Northway Lane it managed to escape.
- 2 2.1 [fad/fashion] pasajero; [glance] rápido 2.2 (casual) he made a passing reference to … se refirió al pasar or de pasada a … it was only a passing thought simplemente fue algo que se me ocurrió the subject was of more than passing interest to him estaba seriamente interesado en el temaMore example sentences
- You probably see passing references to the casualties, like daily box scores-just as brief and much more brutal.
- I was aghast and horrified at the extent of human stupidity, and chalked it up to a quickly passing fad that would be soon go the way of foot binding.
- It is only a brief passing reference but it contains a little of the evidence which was given in the Family Court on the interlocutory proceedings.
- 2in passing (incidentally) al pasar, de pasada she mentioned it in passing lo mencionó al pasar or de pasada
- [archaic] asaz [literary/literario]
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In Spain, pinchos are small portions of food, often on a cocktail stick, eaten in a bar or cafe. Often free, they are similar to