Translation of passing in Spanish:
adjective before noun
- 1 (going past) she hailed a passing taxillamó a un taxi que pasabaExample sentences
- Luckily a passing police car stopped and helped.
- Demonstrators burned tyres and hurled stones at passing police cars.
- A passing police car was flagged down by witnesses and although the car was chased along Northway Lane it managed to escape.
- 2 2.1(fad/fashion)
rápidoExample sentences2.2 (casual) he made a passing reference to …
se refirió al pasar or de pasada a …it was only a passing thoughtsimplemente fue algo que se me ocurrióthe subject was of more than passing interest to himestaba seriamente interesado en el tema
- You probably see passing references to the casualties, like daily box scores-just as brief and much more brutal.
- I was aghast and horrified at the extent of human stupidity, and chalked it up to a quickly passing fad that would be soon go the way of foot binding.
- It is only a brief passing reference but it contains a little of the evidence which was given in the Family Court on the interlocutory proceedings.
- 1 (of person) [formal] [euphemistic](of custom) [formal]
desaparición (feminine)Example sentences
- The passing of the Cold War was therefore likely to unveil a new age of power politics, untrammelled by the checks and balances of the Cold War.
- All of which becomes rather puzzling when considering that the spying profession was rendered entirely obsolete with the passing of the Cold War.
- One major factor has been India's economic reform process, which began with the passing of the Cold War.
- Of those overcome by death and passing to another world, a father cannot hold back his son, nor relatives a relation.
- In her mid-sixties and a frequent visitor to her old home in Parks, her sudden passing is a great loss to her loving family.
- But that did not prevent rumours that it was due to her unhappiness about the marriage and speculation that her sudden passing had placed a curse on the union.
- 2in passing (incidentally)al pasarshe mentioned it in passing
de pasadalo mencionó al pasar or de pasada
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.