Translation of passing in Spanish:
adjective before noun
- 1 (going past) she hailed a passing taxillamó a un taxi que pasabaExample sentences
- Luckily a passing police car stopped and helped.
- Demonstrators burned tyres and hurled stones at passing police cars.
- A passing police car was flagged down by witnesses and although the car was chased along Northway Lane it managed to escape.
- 2 2.1(fad/fashion)
rápidoExample sentences2.2 (casual) he made a passing reference to …
se refirió al pasar or de pasada a …it was only a passing thoughtsimplemente fue algo que se me ocurrióthe subject was of more than passing interest to himestaba seriamente interesado en el tema
- You probably see passing references to the casualties, like daily box scores-just as brief and much more brutal.
- I was aghast and horrified at the extent of human stupidity, and chalked it up to a quickly passing fad that would be soon go the way of foot binding.
- It is only a brief passing reference but it contains a little of the evidence which was given in the Family Court on the interlocutory proceedings.
- 1 (of person) [formal] [euphemistic](of custom) [formal]
desaparición (feminine)Example sentences
- The passing of the Cold War was therefore likely to unveil a new age of power politics, untrammelled by the checks and balances of the Cold War.
- All of which becomes rather puzzling when considering that the spying profession was rendered entirely obsolete with the passing of the Cold War.
- One major factor has been India's economic reform process, which began with the passing of the Cold War.
- Of those overcome by death and passing to another world, a father cannot hold back his son, nor relatives a relation.
- In her mid-sixties and a frequent visitor to her old home in Parks, her sudden passing is a great loss to her loving family.
- But that did not prevent rumours that it was due to her unhappiness about the marriage and speculation that her sudden passing had placed a curse on the union.
- 2in passing (incidentally)al pasarshe mentioned it in passing
de pasadalo mencionó al pasar or de pasada
- [archaic]asaz [literary]
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.