- 1 c and u 1.1 (emotion) pasión (feminine) he played with passion tocó apasionadamente or con pasión she spoke with passion habló con vehemencia or ardor passions were aroused by the controversy la polémica exaltó los ánimos 1.2 (love, enthusiasm) pasión (feminine) crime of passion crimen (masculine) pasional a night of passion una noche de pasión golf is his ruling passion el golf es su gran pasión or la pasión de su vida he has a passion for music/Wagner le apasiona la música/WagnerMore example sentences
More example sentences1.3 (rage) ira (feminine), cólera (feminine) to be in a passion estar* fuera de sí to fly into a passion montar en cólera in a fit of passion en un arrebato de ira
- One or both of you begins to feel suffocated, and the intense vulnerability of sexual passion that was so easy in the early days becomes impossible.
- Quite the contrary - friendship, love, and sexual passion can all take many forms, and they are likely to be expressed in strong ways in any imaginable society.
- Erotic love and sexual passion are not things that simply happen to people; you can learn to create them over your lifetime with the same lover.
More example sentences
- But he came with a wealth of knowledge, an abundance of enthusiasm and a passion for the club where his career had kicked off 30 years earlier.
- Two galleries who partnered with auto dealers found that luxury car enthusiasts also have a passion for art
- I have the greatest of admiration for people who have a passion for politics.
- But I think Kate got her passion, her strong feelings from approval of what here mother was doing.
- In addition to education in specific areas of interest, one should also have a strong innate passion and interest for the profession.
- Within the context of modernity, the autonomous artist, as a creative being, explores varying moods, passion, sentiments and emotions.
- 2 [Religion/Religión] the Passion la Pasión the St Matthew Passion la Pasión según San MateoMore example sentences
More example sentences
- He laments the fact that the U.S. bishops have not explicitly condemned the film even though it appears to violate their own norms for presentations of the Passion of Jesus.
- Burton is clearly not happy with the way those afflicted assimilated their suffering to the Passion of Christ, thus giving it personal meaning.
- She has painted a series of larger than life-sized paintings and drawings depicting the Passion of Jesus.
- There is no single Gospel story of the Passion; there are subtle differences among the four accounts.
- But soon enough we hear the Passion narrative as told by St. Luke, and the atmosphere changes.
- But we move from the procession to the long narrative for the day, the full Passion from Matthew.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Central America and Mexico, the word 'botana' means a small portion of food, olives, peanuts etc, usually served with a drink at parties, bars, or social occasions.