Translation of passionate in Spanish:
- [love/affair/kiss/lover] apasionado; [hatred] mortal; [admirer/follower] ardiente, ferviente; [speech] vehemente, ardoroso he has a passionate enthusiasm for horse-racing le apasionan las carreras de caballos she's passionate about gardening es una apasionada de la jardinería she was passionate in her defense of the party fue vehemente en su defensa del partidoExample sentences
- Mr Merchant, 41, is passionate about football and gets a real kick out of seeing the children in his club succeed.
- They are so passionate about their football and it is beginning to show in the quality of the players.
- Most people who are passionate about football would say that, I think.
- The focus of the narrative is on the life of an architect and a bank officer who get married after a passionate love affair.
- The pair escape to his rooftop garret and, free from the cares of the world, begin a passionate love affair.
- A passionate love affair ensues between the pair, which has doom written all over it.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Radio broadcasting in Spain began in the 1920s. The state-run Radio Nacional de España (RNE) was established during the Civil War. There are many private radio stations and they compete fiercely. Radio personalities are paid huge salaries, out of which they employ the staff for their programs.