- [love/affair/kiss/lover] apasionado; [hatred] mortal; [admirer/follower] ardiente, ferviente; [speech] vehemente, ardoroso he has a passionate enthusiasm for horse-racing le apasionan las carreras de caballos she's passionate about gardening es una apasionada de la jardinería she was passionate in her defense of the party fue vehemente en su defensa del partidoMore example sentences
More example sentences
- Mr Merchant, 41, is passionate about football and gets a real kick out of seeing the children in his club succeed.
- They are so passionate about their football and it is beginning to show in the quality of the players.
- Most people who are passionate about football would say that, I think.
- The focus of the narrative is on the life of an architect and a bank officer who get married after a passionate love affair.
- The pair escape to his rooftop garret and, free from the cares of the world, begin a passionate love affair.
- A passionate love affair ensues between the pair, which has doom written all over it.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Bullfighting remains popular in many parts of Spain and some Latin American countries, and is regularly broadcast on television. During the bullfight (corrida) three bullfighters (matadores) fight a total of six bulls, two each.