Translation of passive in Spanish:
- 1.1(person/attitude)Example sentences1.2 (Linguistics)
- Historians are now concerned with resistance in active and passive forms, organised and impromptu, group and individual, male and female, political, economic, and cultural.
- Active, not passive, response is called forth as is perseverance over the long haul.
- As Hickey noted, peasants have many methods of passive and active resistance, and force is often counterproductive as a motivator.
- But the framers set a grammatical conundrum for us when they put the main clause in the passive voice: ‘shall not be infringed’.
- Nominalization is one way to avoid reference to the agent of an action (here, who did the shooting), but it's not the same as using the passive voice.
- The general pattern appears to be that the unmarked, active voice acts as a same function category, while the marked, passive voice indicates a switch in function.
- in the passiveen voz pasivaExample sentences
- We have already observed that during the time of Hellenistic Greek, the middle voice form was losing ground to the passive.
- This often works, but if you are writing in the active mood, the changes to the passive for the circumlocutions can be irksome.
- But I really do hate passive voice and buried claims like the plague.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Mezcal is an alcoholic drink similar to