Translation of paste in Spanish:
- 1 uncountable or countable (thick mixture) meat/fish paste (British English)paté (masculine) de carne/pescadoExample sentences
- One of the biggest changes that Hogwarth has seen over the years is a move away from royal icing to softer sugar paste.
- Mosquito and ant bites can be relieved by the application of a moist bicarbonate of soda paste.
- Dissolve the ground paste in thick buttermilk; add salt and pumpkin.
- 2 uncountable (glue)also: flour-and-water pastealso: wallpaper pasteExample sentences
- On the contrary, the appearance of the soggy paper and paste looked rather ugly.
- Halfway through the meal the pasta is congealed - a rubbery blob of gooey stuff fit only for use as paste to stick fliers to subway walls.
- Is it magic, ghosts, or a weird adhesive concocted from ancient wallpaper paste, tobacco smoke and grime?
- 3 uncountable (imitation gem) all her jewels are pastetodas sus joyas son de fantasía or bisutería(before noun) paste diamondExample sentences
- The shop was promoting gold brooches from six shillings and sixpence, and gilt paste brooches from one shilling.
- In its original sense enamel is glass or vitreous paste fused to a prepared surface, usually of metal, by means of intense heat.
- His daughter Queen Elizabeth I was the first to wear paste jewellery to make herself look richer that she really was.
- 1(wallpaper)to paste something
aplicar pegamento or cola a
into/ ontosomethingpegar algo enalgoExample sentences
- A skilled artisan, Mr. Misra says that the real potochitras are actually made on canvas made of bandage cloth which is pasted with a paste of tamarind and naturally occurring gum.
- In an act of complete nonchalance, the 23 year-old Southampton lad started a food fight leaving other guests liable to be pasted with flying fish remains and crustaceans.
- ‘I met several people pasting the advertisements with glue bottles and brushes,’ he said.
- 2 (beat) [slang]he got pasted in the final seten el último set lo hicieron polvo or (in Southern Cone also) bolsa [colloquial]the critics pasted her novellos críticos le pusieron la novela por el suelo or por los suelos
los críticos le hicieron bolsa la novela (Southern Cone) [colloquial]Example sentences
- These selfsame Bengals pasted a very respectable Denver team.
- The Gators erase memories of their 62-24 massacre to Nebraska after the 1995 season by pasting the Wildcats.
- Yes, we got absolutely pasted and looked like we weren't ready for a team like Germany.
- When previewing a set of sliced images, the HTML is in this window for simple copying and pasting into your HTML document.
- Well, this is only a tiny matter of technology: all he needs to do is copy the relevant section and paste it into his document.
- Once copied, the text is easily pasted into another document and read.
(poster/notice)2 (in book production)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.