Translation of pastoral in Spanish:
- 1Example sentences
- Recalling the pastoral works of Homer Watson, her shots of rolling, sunbathed hills effectively showcase her background in still photography.
- An idyllic pastoral quality is evoked by two men enjoying the view from the shore of Rocky Neck in the foreground, while a third walks by with his dog and two sheep.
- Hall's pieces are pastoral, evoking the chirrup of birds who have learnt the song of car alarms, and the grunt of a badly maintained bus.
- 2 2.1 (Religion)(care/duties)
Example sentences2.2 (British English) (Sch, Univ)he's in charge of pastoral care
- Although restricted by the government, he was allowed to engage in pastoral work and development projects, and served as chaplain to the foreign community in Phnom Penh, the capital.
- As part of her pastoral work with St James, she also carried out communion at three Clitheroe nursing homes, Castleford, Pendle Court and Clitheroe Nursing Home.
- For over ten years his pastoral work was always marked by gentleness, thoughtfulness and sensitivity, especially to those in trouble.
se ocupa del bienestar de los alumnos
- One of the prime functions of a teacher is pastoral care, and students assume that their professors will offer moral instruction and guidance.
- But when he showed interest in the post of acting principal teacher of pastoral care 18 months ago, he was told by the headteacher that he could not apply because he is not a Catholic.
- Other areas praised by the Ofsted team include her leadership as head, and the pastoral care of pupils.
noununcountable and countable
escena (feminine) bucólicaExample sentences
- Their pastorals, both published in 1651, offered choices to Royalists in the aftermath of the crushing defeat at Worcester.
- Educated at Oxford, he had written pastorals before leaving for London to become both actor and playwright.
- He wrote The Distrest Mother, a successful adaptation of Racine's Andromaque, but is remembered chiefly for his quarrel with Pope over the relative merits of their pastorals.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.