Translation of pastoral in Spanish:
- 1 [painting/scene] pastoril, bucólicoExample sentences
- Recalling the pastoral works of Homer Watson, her shots of rolling, sunbathed hills effectively showcase her background in still photography.
- An idyllic pastoral quality is evoked by two men enjoying the view from the shore of Rocky Neck in the foreground, while a third walks by with his dog and two sheep.
- Hall's pieces are pastoral, evoking the chirrup of birds who have learnt the song of car alarms, and the grunt of a badly maintained bus.
- 2 2.1 [Religion/Religión] [care/duties] pastoral 2.2 (British English/inglés británico) [Sch] [Univ] he's in charge of pastoral care se ocupa del bienestar de los alumnosExample sentences
- One of the prime functions of a teacher is pastoral care, and students assume that their professors will offer moral instruction and guidance.
- But when he showed interest in the post of acting principal teacher of pastoral care 18 months ago, he was told by the headteacher that he could not apply because he is not a Catholic.
- Other areas praised by the Ofsted team include her leadership as head, and the pastoral care of pupils.
- Although restricted by the government, he was allowed to engage in pastoral work and development projects, and served as chaplain to the foreign community in Phnom Penh, the capital.
- As part of her pastoral work with St James, she also carried out communion at three Clitheroe nursing homes, Castleford, Pendle Court and Clitheroe Nursing Home.
- For over ten years his pastoral work was always marked by gentleness, thoughtfulness and sensitivity, especially to those in trouble.
noun/nombreu and c
- [Literat] égloga (feminine); [Art/Arte] escena (feminine) bucólica
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In Spain, the paga extra (or paga extraordinaria) is a bonus payment equivalent to a month's salary, paid twice a year, at Christmas and in July before the summer vacation, on top of the normal monthly salary. These bonuses are written into most permanent employment contracts.