Translation of patent in Spanish:
noun/nombre/ˈpætnt; ˈpeɪtnt; ˈpætnt/
- patente (feminine) to take out a patent on sth patentar algo patent pending, patent applied for patente solicitada or en trámite (before noun/delante del nombre) patent agent agente (masculine and feminine) de patentes patent attorney (in US) abogado, (masculine, feminine) especialista en patentesExample sentences
- Last year, the country was granted 146 U.S. patents for various technologies and products.
- The present proceedings were initiated by the claimant, whose claim alleges that Process A infringes the patent in suit.
- The number of issued software patents grew exponentially in the U.S. beginning in the early 1980s.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo/ˈpætnt; ˈpeɪt-; ˈpætnt/
- patentar a patented design un diseño patentado
- 2 /ˈpætnt; ˈpeɪtnt/ 2.1 (patented) [invention] patentado 2.2 [shoes/handbag] de charol
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Spain, a gestoría is an office that deals with government agencies on behalf of its clients. It is common practice to use a gestoría to avoid the problems of dealing with Spanish bureaucracy, despite the cost involved.