Translation of paternal in Spanish:
- 1 (fatherly)(affection/interest/benevolence)
- Her status in law compared with an adult son still living in his father's house, under paternal authority.
- Needless to say, social life is charged with signs that affirm the paternal authority of those in power.
- Western tradition dictated that that authority should be paternal.
- He denies feeling more paternal towards the dancers these days, but owns up to " avuncular".
- His style with the crews is almost paternal, strong yet fair.
- There was this strange feeling inside him as he held her, almost paternal, but not quite.
- 2 (on father's side) (before noun)por parte de padrepaternal grandmotherabuela (feminine) paternapaternal aunt
abuela (feminine) por parte de padretía (feminine) por parte de padreExample sentences
- It was the fashion that the first son was named after the paternal grandfather and the second after the father and so on.
- Iraqi Arabs have very long names, consisting of their first name, their father's name, their paternal grandfather's name, and finally their family name.
- Seth's father, three uncles, and paternal grandfather, along with a number of cousins and subsequent generations of relatives, were carpenters.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.