Translation of paternal in Spanish:
- 1.1 (fatherly) [affection/interest/benevolence] paternal; [pride] de padre; [trait/inheritance] paternoExample sentences
- Her status in law compared with an adult son still living in his father's house, under paternal authority.
- Needless to say, social life is charged with signs that affirm the paternal authority of those in power.
- Western tradition dictated that that authority should be paternal.
Example sentences1.2 (on father's side) (before noun/delante del nombre) por parte de padre paternal grandmother abuela (feminine) paterna, abuela (feminine) por parte de padre paternal aunt tía (feminine) por parte de padre
- He denies feeling more paternal towards the dancers these days, but owns up to " avuncular".
- His style with the crews is almost paternal, strong yet fair.
- There was this strange feeling inside him as he held her, almost paternal, but not quite.
- It was the fashion that the first son was named after the paternal grandfather and the second after the father and so on.
- Iraqi Arabs have very long names, consisting of their first name, their father's name, their paternal grandfather's name, and finally their family name.
- Seth's father, three uncles, and paternal grandfather, along with a number of cousins and subsequent generations of relatives, were carpenters.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Bonoloto is a Spanish state lottery established in 1988. The others are the Lotería Nacional and the Lotería Primitiva. As with the Lotería Primitiva six numbers are marked on a ticket showing forty-nine numbers and win the main prize if all the numbers come up in the draw.