Translation of path in Spanish:
- 1 (track, walkway) they cleared a path through the jungleabrieron un sendero ( or una senda etc. ) a través de la selvato stray from the path of virtueapartarse del camino de la virtud or del buen caminothe path to successel camino al éxitoto beat a path to somebody's doorasediar a alguienthe world has been beating a path to his doorha habido un verdadero peregrinaje hasta su puerta→ hell 1 1Example sentences
- Up green hills and down dirt paths, he walks alongside flag-draped coffins to support grieving families, to comfort, and to mourn.
- They continued walking down the path until they came to a clearing.
- They continued walking, the path getting darker and darker, until it split into two roads.
- 2 (course of missile) the path of the sunel recorrido or el trayecto del solthe raging waters swept away everything in their pathlas tempestuosas aguas arrasaron con todo a su pasohe stepped into the path of the oncoming vehiclese cruzó en el camino del vehículo que se acercabathe bullet was deflected from its pathel proyectil fue desviado de su trayectoriato cross somebody's pathcruzarse or toparse con alguienif you cross my path again …si te me vuelves a cruzar en el camino …after two years our paths crossed againdos años más tarde nos volvimos a encontrarExample sentences
- And they are hoping to see hundreds of people who are either unemployed or fed up and looking for a change of direction in their career path.
- The Conference Board survey suggests that strategic business management does not loom large in the career paths of security directors.
- There are certainly more direct paths one can take to a career in theatre, but an unconventional one can produce unique artistic fruit.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.