Translation of path in Spanish:
- 1.1 (track, walkway) they cleared a path through the jungleto stray from the path of virtueabrieron un sendero ( or una senda etc) a través de la selvathe path to successapartarse del camino de la virtud or del buen caminoto beat a path to somebody's doorel camino al éxitothe world has been beating a path to his doorasediar a alguien→ hell 1 1ha habido un verdadero peregrinaje hasta su puertaExample sentences1.2 (course of missile) the path of the sun
the raging waters swept away everything in their pathel recorrido or el trayecto del solhe stepped into the path of the oncoming vehiclelas tempestuosas aguas arrasaron con todo a su pasothe bullet was deflected from its pathse cruzó en el camino del vehículo que se acercabato cross somebody's pathel proyectil fue desviado de su trayectoriaif you cross my path again …cruzarse or toparse con alguienafter two years our paths crossed againsi te me vuelves a cruzar en el camino …dos años más tarde nos volvimos a encontrarExample sentences1.3 (course of action) See examples: if you take that path …
- Up green hills and down dirt paths, he walks alongside flag-draped coffins to support grieving families, to comfort, and to mourn.
- They continued walking down the path until they came to a clearing.
- They continued walking, the path getting darker and darker, until it split into two roads.
si optas por hacer eso …
- And they are hoping to see hundreds of people who are either unemployed or fed up and looking for a change of direction in their career path.
- The Conference Board survey suggests that strategic business management does not loom large in the career paths of security directors.
- There are certainly more direct paths one can take to a career in theatre, but an unconventional one can produce unique artistic fruit.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
A portero is a superintendent in an apartment building who looks after it, keeps it clean, delivers mail, and keeps an eye on comings and goings. Porteros often have an apartment in the building as part of their pay. The portero, and particularly the female portera, are part of popular culture. They have a reputation for being inquisitive and fond of gossip.