- 1.1 (pitiful) [sight/moan/gesture] patético; [poverty/misery] conmovedor, lastimoso, digno de lástimaMore example sentences1.2 (feeble, inadequate) [colloquial/familiar] what a pathetic excuse! ¡qué excusa más pobre! his jokes are pathetic sus chistes son pésimos a pathetic performance una pésima actuación, una actuación que daba pena you're pathetic! ¡me sacas de quicio! don't be so pathetic! ¡no seas tan pusilánime!
More example sentences
- She is good-hearted and took pity on my pathetic form whenever I was sent to the kitchens by my mistresses.
- His Graham is a pathetic, vulnerable figure who inspires both pity and amusement.
- The figure, in its nakedness, has an almost ghostly, insubstantial quality, a pathetic vulnerability.
- Then we get this paltry, pathetic excuse for a bill, and we are all supposed to become excited about it.
- Karl made some pathetic excuse about having to go to Croydon.
- That article was the most pathetic excuse for him to showcase his infantile vocabulary.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Catalán is the language of Catalonia. Like Castilian, Catalan is a Romance language. Variants of it include mallorquín of the Balearic Islands and valenciano spoken in the autonomous region of Valencia.