Translation of pathetic in Spanish:
- 1.1 (pitiful) [sight/moan/gesture] patético; [poverty/misery] conmovedor, lastimoso, digno de lástimaExample sentences1.2 (feeble, inadequate) [colloquial/familiar] what a pathetic excuse! ¡qué excusa más pobre! his jokes are pathetic sus chistes son pésimos a pathetic performance una pésima actuación, una actuación que daba pena you're pathetic! ¡me sacas de quicio! don't be so pathetic! ¡no seas tan pusilánime!
- She is good-hearted and took pity on my pathetic form whenever I was sent to the kitchens by my mistresses.
- His Graham is a pathetic, vulnerable figure who inspires both pity and amusement.
- The figure, in its nakedness, has an almost ghostly, insubstantial quality, a pathetic vulnerability.
- Then we get this paltry, pathetic excuse for a bill, and we are all supposed to become excited about it.
- Karl made some pathetic excuse about having to go to Croydon.
- That article was the most pathetic excuse for him to showcase his infantile vocabulary.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Spain, a gestoría is an office that deals with government agencies on behalf of its clients. It is common practice to use a gestoría to avoid the problems of dealing with Spanish bureaucracy, despite the cost involved.