Translation of pathetic in Spanish:
- 1.1 (pitiful) [sight/moan/gesture] patético; [poverty/misery] conmovedor, lastimoso, digno de lástimaExample sentences1.2 (feeble, inadequate) [colloquial/familiar] what a pathetic excuse! ¡qué excusa más pobre! his jokes are pathetic sus chistes son pésimos a pathetic performance una pésima actuación, una actuación que daba pena you're pathetic! ¡me sacas de quicio! don't be so pathetic! ¡no seas tan pusilánime!
- She is good-hearted and took pity on my pathetic form whenever I was sent to the kitchens by my mistresses.
- His Graham is a pathetic, vulnerable figure who inspires both pity and amusement.
- The figure, in its nakedness, has an almost ghostly, insubstantial quality, a pathetic vulnerability.
- Then we get this paltry, pathetic excuse for a bill, and we are all supposed to become excited about it.
- Karl made some pathetic excuse about having to go to Croydon.
- That article was the most pathetic excuse for him to showcase his infantile vocabulary.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Havana, Cuba has three daily newspapers. The best known is Granma(www.granma.cubaweb.cu), official newspaper of the Cuban Communist Party. Trabajadores is published by the Cuban trade union movement, and the more lively Juventud Rebelde is aimed at a younger readership.