Translation of pathetic in Spanish:
- 1 (pitiful)(sight/moan/gesture)
- She is good-hearted and took pity on my pathetic form whenever I was sent to the kitchens by my mistresses.
- His Graham is a pathetic, vulnerable figure who inspires both pity and amusement.
- The figure, in its nakedness, has an almost ghostly, insubstantial quality, a pathetic vulnerability.
- 2 (feeble, inadequate) [colloquial]what a pathetic excuse!¡qué excusa más pobre!his jokes are patheticsus chistes son pésimosa pathetic performanceuna pésima actuaciónyou're pathetic!
una actuación que daba pena¡me sacas de quicio!don't be so pathetic!¡no seas tan pusilánime!Example sentences
- Then we get this paltry, pathetic excuse for a bill, and we are all supposed to become excited about it.
- Karl made some pathetic excuse about having to go to Croydon.
- That article was the most pathetic excuse for him to showcase his infantile vocabulary.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.