Translation of patina in Spanish:
- 1.1 (on metal)Example sentences1.2 [formal] [literary] (of age)
- Most of the scratchy lines and squiggles visible here are the green patina of oxidized bronze, not a part of the original coin as cast.
- Four of the heads wear masks of applied gold-leaf, and it gleams strangely over the green patina of the ancient bronze.
- A bright copper skin will gradually oxidize to a green patina that will blend into surrounding nature.
- ‘The whole idea of having glitzy costumes with a patina of the old Las Vegas showgirl style really interested me,’ he says.
- The stone house, which has the patina of a much older place, like a Roman ruin, opens into a courtyard where students paint.
- The shape of things as you change your viewing angle now carries the patina of meaning.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Carnaval is the three days of festivities preceding Lent, characterized by costumes, masks, drinking, music, and dancing.