Translation of patronize in Spanish:
- 1 (condescend to)tratar con condescendenciaExample sentences
- Despite the superior and patronizing tone of his voice, there was a deep concern.
- Removing responsibility from victims is not a kindness; it is patronizing and perpetuates the problem.
- These last shots betray a sentimentality and patronizing attitude inherent in the film's setting.
- 2 2.1 (frequent) [formal](shop/hotel)
ser cliente de(theater/cinema)
frecuentarExample sentences2.2 (sponsor)
- Some customers patronize the store every two or three months; some of the very top spenders come in three to five times a week.
- In the ad, a father tries to explain to his son why no customers patronize the family restaurant, which mainly sells pork meat-ball soup.
- People who do not travel into cities to work are much less likely to patronize restaurants, theatres and shops.
- Opposite this building was the Alexandra Tea Room, at 18 Rissik Street, which Gandhi used to patronise and support financially, and where he promoted vegetarianism.
- Is it really the type of organization you should be patronizing?
- Members create, finance and patronize the cooperative.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.