Translation of patronize in Spanish:
- 1 (condescend to)tratar con condescendenciaExample sentences
- Despite the superior and patronizing tone of his voice, there was a deep concern.
- Removing responsibility from victims is not a kindness; it is patronizing and perpetuates the problem.
- These last shots betray a sentimentality and patronizing attitude inherent in the film's setting.
- 2 2.1 (frequent) [formal](shop/hotel)ser cliente de(theater/cinema)2.2 (sponsor)Example sentences
- Opposite this building was the Alexandra Tea Room, at 18 Rissik Street, which Gandhi used to patronise and support financially, and where he promoted vegetarianism.
- Is it really the type of organization you should be patronizing?
- Members create, finance and patronize the cooperative.
- Some customers patronize the store every two or three months; some of the very top spenders come in three to five times a week.
- In the ad, a father tries to explain to his son why no customers patronize the family restaurant, which mainly sells pork meat-ball soup.
- People who do not travel into cities to work are much less likely to patronize restaurants, theatres and shops.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Today is Aberri Eguna, Basque national day, and a public holiday in the Basque country of Spain.