- [rain] golpetear, tamborilear; [feet/person] golpetear you could hear the mice pattering behind the baseboard se oía corretear a los ratones detrás del zócaloMore example sentences
More example sentences
- The sound of rain pattering on the roof woke Miles up.
- The sound of rain pattering on the pavement added to my feeling of hopelessness.
- The sound of rain pattered above her, but her face was dry. ‘I must be inside,’ she thought.
- But I can't make myself pause and inhale the view today, instead I patter down the steps towards the rose gardens and another wedding.
- Instead of her father's big booming steps, small feet pattered against the carpet.
- I ran to the stair chamber, listening to the footfalls of the figure come back down the stairs with another pair of feet pattering quickly behind.
- 1 (sound) golpeteo (masculine) the soft patter of the rain el suave golpeteo or tamborileo de la lluvia the patter of tiny feet [humorous/humorístico] pasitos (masculine plural) de niñoMore example sentences
- The typewriter's tapping turns into the patter of rain as the story he's writing fades into the picture.
- All I can hear is the light patter of the rain outside, and the sound of water dripping from my drenched self onto the car seat.
- Three hours later, the last people were gone, and the rain was a steady patter on the roof.
- 2 (talk) the salesman gave me the usual patter el vendedor me soltó el rollo de costumbre she had a very effective sales patter tenía mucha labia para vender, sabía convencer al cliente an insurance agent's patter el discursito típico de un vendedor de segurosMore example sentences
- That said, we all agree that a gag works best when the punchline is not telegraphed, and when the comedian's patter at least feigns originality.
- Is it any wonder their sales patter is slick with comments about the ‘savvy’ Irish buyers who ‘drive hard bargains’.
- The lender will usually come up with its own estimate of rental income, which tends to be more realistic than the sales patter of letting agents.