Translation of paua in Spanish:
noun(New Zealand English) (Cookery, Zoology)
- 1 (edible mollusc)oreja (feminine) marina or de marloco (masculine) (Chile)Example sentences
- The rocks there abound with crayfish, paua, mussels, kina, maomao and snapper.
- Some people go diving and catch crayfish and occasionally paua.
- Wild pigs, crayfish and paua were plentiful and used to supplement the food supply.
- 2 (mollusc shell)concha (feminine) de abulón or oreja marina or locoExample sentences
- One strikingly beautiful gown is made of bubble wrap and organza, and another pairs paua shells and feathers.
- The Maori elements are to be found in the bands of symmetrically ordered paua shell inlay, a customary ceremonial and artistic material.
- They were made by her brothers and sisters with paua and handmade paper.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.