Translation of pause in Spanish:
- 1.1 (gap, interval) pausa (feminine) without pause sin interrupción there was a pause in the conversation hubo una pausa or se hizo un silencio en la conversación there will now be a pause for light refreshments ahora haremos una pausa para tomar un refrigerio to give (sb) pause (for thought) dar* que pensar (a algn)Example sentences1.2 [Music/Música] pausa (feminine)
- It's a text without spacing, a speech without pause for breath.
- I heard the shower stop, a brief pause, then the whirr of an electric toothbrush started up.
- After a brief pause, it stopped momentarily on another tree.
- In the 5th Symphony he dispenses with the pause before the finale.
- There are a few pauses in the Allegro moderato and the final movement is quite thrilling in its peroration.
- Top it off with arrhythmic choruses drenched in vocoder effects and music pauses, and you have the blueprint for the entire album.
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In Mexican politics, a prospective party candidate for the presidency is called a tapado. Candidates traditionally emerge from within the party but their identity is not revealed until the candidate is officially declared: they remain tapados (hidden), thus arousing a great deal of speculation. Under the rule of the