- 1.1 (gap, interval) pausa (feminine) without pause sin interrupción there was a pause in the conversation hubo una pausa or se hizo un silencio en la conversación there will now be a pause for light refreshments ahora haremos una pausa para tomar un refrigerio to give (sb) pause (for thought) dar* que pensar (a algn)More example sentences1.2 [Music/Música] pausa (feminine)
More example sentences
- It's a text without spacing, a speech without pause for breath.
- I heard the shower stop, a brief pause, then the whirr of an electric toothbrush started up.
- After a brief pause, it stopped momentarily on another tree.
- In the 5th Symphony he dispenses with the pause before the finale.
- There are a few pauses in the Allegro moderato and the final movement is quite thrilling in its peroration.
- Top it off with arrhythmic choruses drenched in vocoder effects and music pauses, and you have the blueprint for the entire album.
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Guernica is a Basque town destroyed by German bombers fighting on the Nationalist side in the Spanish Civil War in April 1937.