- 1.1 (gap, interval) pausa (feminine) without pause sin interrupción there was a pause in the conversation hubo una pausa or se hizo un silencio en la conversación there will now be a pause for light refreshments ahora haremos una pausa para tomar un refrigerio to give (sb) pause (for thought) dar* que pensar (a algn)More example sentences1.2 [Music/Música] pausa (feminine)
More example sentences
- It's a text without spacing, a speech without pause for breath.
- I heard the shower stop, a brief pause, then the whirr of an electric toothbrush started up.
- After a brief pause, it stopped momentarily on another tree.
- In the 5th Symphony he dispenses with the pause before the finale.
- There are a few pauses in the Allegro moderato and the final movement is quite thrilling in its peroration.
- Top it off with arrhythmic choruses drenched in vocoder effects and music pauses, and you have the blueprint for the entire album.
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Every year the charitable Fundación Príncipe de Asturias makes eight awards in various categories. They are presented by the Príncipe de Asturias, the heir to the Spanish throne, in the Asturian city of Oviedo. The prize includes a monetary reward of 50,000 euros and a sculpture by the Catalan artist Joan Miró. Winners have included: the writers Umberto Eco and Mario Vargas Llosa; the politicians Nelson Mandela and Yasser Arafat; the organization Médecins sans Frontières; the scientist Stephen Hawking; and the golfer Severiano Ballesteros.