Translation of pause in Spanish:
- 1.1 (gap, interval) without pausesin interrupciónthere was a pause in the conversationhubo una pausa or se hizo un silencio en la conversaciónthere will now be a pause for light refreshmentsahora haremos una pausa para tomar un refrigerioto give (somebody) pause (for thought)Example sentences1.2 (Music)
- It's a text without spacing, a speech without pause for breath.
- I heard the shower stop, a brief pause, then the whirr of an electric toothbrush started up.
- After a brief pause, it stopped momentarily on another tree.
- In the 5th Symphony he dispenses with the pause before the finale.
- There are a few pauses in the Allegro moderato and the final movement is quite thrilling in its peroration.
- Top it off with arrhythmic choruses drenched in vocoder effects and music pauses, and you have the blueprint for the entire album.
- (in speech)hacer una pausa(in movement) detenerseto pause for breathparar para recobrar el alientoExample sentences
- They wandered about a little while, pausing briefly to pull on their boots.
- He might pause at the office briefly before leaving for the day.
- She pulled the wrapping paper from the gift, pausing only briefly at the nondescript box.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.