- 1.1 c and u (paved area) pavimento (masculine)More example sentences1.2 uncountable/no numerable paving 3 1.3 countable/numerable (beside road) (British English/inglés británico) sidewalk
More example sentences
- A common demand by the residents of the Lake Area is that the pavement around the monument be cleared of encroachments and hawkers.
- Many live off petty trade, selling goods on the pavement in the market area.
- Why not break up the tiles and make them into a mosaic for either the pavement around the area or even incorporated into some other city centre venue.
- Parents say crossing the road to use the pavement on the other side is just as dangerous due to the steady stream of farm vehicles, trucks and commuter traffic.
- In the civil law if a driver goes off the road on to the pavement and injures a pedestrian, or damages property, he is prima facie liable.
- A huge amount of litter and other rubbish is being removed from the pavements and road sides each Saturday morning and Wednesday evening.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Every year the charitable Fundación Príncipe de Asturias makes eight awards in various categories. They are presented by the Príncipe de Asturias, the heir to the Spanish throne, in the Asturian city of Oviedo. The prize includes a monetary reward of 50,000 euros and a sculpture by the Catalan artist Joan Miró. Winners have included: the writers Umberto Eco and Mario Vargas Llosa; the politicians Nelson Mandela and Yasser Arafat; the organization Médecins sans Frontières; the scientist Stephen Hawking; and the golfer Severiano Ballesteros.