Translation of pavement in Spanish:
- 1.1 c and u (paved area) pavimento (masculine)Example sentences1.2 uncountable/no numerable paving 3 1.3 countable/numerable (beside road) (British English/inglés británico) sidewalk
- A common demand by the residents of the Lake Area is that the pavement around the monument be cleared of encroachments and hawkers.
- Many live off petty trade, selling goods on the pavement in the market area.
- Why not break up the tiles and make them into a mosaic for either the pavement around the area or even incorporated into some other city centre venue.
- Parents say crossing the road to use the pavement on the other side is just as dangerous due to the steady stream of farm vehicles, trucks and commuter traffic.
- In the civil law if a driver goes off the road on to the pavement and injures a pedestrian, or damages property, he is prima facie liable.
- A huge amount of litter and other rubbish is being removed from the pavements and road sides each Saturday morning and Wednesday evening.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
A patera is a boat with a shallow draft, used by illegal immigrants, known as balseros, to cross the Straits of Gibraltar from Morocco to southern Spain.