Translation of pavement in Spanish:
- 1.1 countable or uncountable (paved area)Example sentences1.2 uncountable → paving 3 1.3 countable (beside road) (British English) → sidewalk
- A common demand by the residents of the Lake Area is that the pavement around the monument be cleared of encroachments and hawkers.
- Many live off petty trade, selling goods on the pavement in the market area.
- Why not break up the tiles and make them into a mosaic for either the pavement around the area or even incorporated into some other city centre venue.
- Parents say crossing the road to use the pavement on the other side is just as dangerous due to the steady stream of farm vehicles, trucks and commuter traffic.
- In the civil law if a driver goes off the road on to the pavement and injures a pedestrian, or damages property, he is prima facie liable.
- A huge amount of litter and other rubbish is being removed from the pavements and road sides each Saturday morning and Wednesday evening.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
A portero is a superintendent in an apartment building who looks after it, keeps it clean, delivers mail, and keeps an eye on comings and goings. Porteros often have an apartment in the building as part of their pay. The portero, and particularly the female portera, are part of popular culture. They have a reputation for being inquisitive and fond of gossip.