Translation of pavilion in Spanish:
- 1 (at trade fair)Example sentences
- But, with a month to go and many of the temporary stands, pavilions and marquees needed to accommodate the 60,000 visitors a day still to be erected, is he at all nervous?
- Other ideas could, with luck, be tried out on temporary exhibition pavilions.
- Is it sufficient, as the submission suggests, to provide for conversion as a temporary pavilion or exhibition space?
- 2 (tent)Example sentences
- The 1939 fair had pavilions from nations across the globe; there are two countries represented in the cards: Sudan and the Vatican.
- Few visitors to the Russian pavilions at world's fairs, however, appreciated the serious nature the Russian revival held for Russians.
- Then came the German pavilions at world fairs - in New York, in Chicago, in Buenos Aires, in Helsinki.
- 3 (British English) (Sport)Example sentences
- As a moth to a flame, the graffiti offenders appear to be drawn to the building used as a cricket pavilion, close by the entrance to the Tattenham Way Recreation Ground.
- The area is known as a hangout for youngsters and over the years the club has been burgled and the cricket pavilion and allotment sheds nearby have been torched.
- The cricket pavilion at Bradford and Bingley, severely damaged by fire last April, is to be rebuilt.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.