- 1.1 (paved area) pavimento (masculine); (of flagstones) enlosado (masculine); (of tiles) embaldosado (masculine); (of stones) empedrado (masculine), adoquinado (masculine); (of bricks) enladrillado (masculine)More example sentences1.2 (materials) materiales (masculine plural) de pavimentación (before noun/delante del nombre) paving slab o stone losa (feminine)
More example sentences1.3 (road surface) (American English/inglés norteamericano) calzada (feminine)
- The stone paving would have finished off the scheme nicely.
- The rear garden has a patio, extensive Liscannor paving and an outdoor storage shed.
- Outside, the front garden is laid in low-maintenance cobblelock paving, and provides parking for two cars.
- Many of the stone paving slabs are 200 years old and too expensive for Leeds City Council to replace.
- In addition, several thousand square feet of flagstone paving were used for the pool area and sidewalks.
- The front garden is laid in granite paving and provides plenty of off-street parking.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Do you know what 'arpilleras' are? They are pieces of appliquéd textile folk art, common in South America. Doll characters and animals create a three-dimensional effect representing scenes from daily life.