Translation of peculiarity in Spanish:
noun plural peculiarities
- 1 countable (something unusual)rasgo (masculine) singular(oddity) rareza (feminine)he has his peculiaritiestiene sus rarezasExample sentences
- In the meantime he acquired strange peculiarities of habits.
- Look carefully at the contorted face in front of you and pick a peculiarity, say an unusual muscle twitch, poor dentition, bad skin, etc.
- Over the past year, I've learned that inside all subcultures there exists a fascinating world fraught with peculiarities, dangers and strange rituals.
- 2 uncountable (strangeness)lo raro or extrañoExample sentences
- There was some peculiarity to the kick, though, as Hartson later intimated that his illustrious partner Henrik Larsson, Celtic's usual penalty taker, had been reluctant to become involved.
- I just kind of conjured them up out of my subconscious and put them in order of ascending peculiarity.
- Why does the Supreme Court persist in this peculiarity?
- 3 countable (particular, exclusive quality)Example sentences
- It's likely to be a peculiarity of my own character but I've found it a pretty symbiotic combination, with each side supporting the other.
- Many of these terms have been created to distinguish locality, others as a direct comment on the character or peculiarities of the Welsh.
- It's a peculiarity of my nature that I often like to take less than the perfect tool and see what I can do with it.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.