Translation of peculiarity in Spanish:
noun/nombre (plural -ties)
- 1.1 countable/numerable (sth unusual) rasgo (masculine) singular; (oddity) rareza (feminine) he has his peculiarities tiene sus rarezas 1.2 uncountable/no numerable (strangeness) lo raro or extrañoExample sentences1.3 countable/numerable (particular, exclusive quality) peculiaridad (feminine), singularidad (feminine)
- There was some peculiarity to the kick, though, as Hartson later intimated that his illustrious partner Henrik Larsson, Celtic's usual penalty taker, had been reluctant to become involved.
- I just kind of conjured them up out of my subconscious and put them in order of ascending peculiarity.
- Why does the Supreme Court persist in this peculiarity?
- In the meantime he acquired strange peculiarities of habits.
- Look carefully at the contorted face in front of you and pick a peculiarity, say an unusual muscle twitch, poor dentition, bad skin, etc.
- Over the past year, I've learned that inside all subcultures there exists a fascinating world fraught with peculiarities, dangers and strange rituals.
- It's likely to be a peculiarity of my own character but I've found it a pretty symbiotic combination, with each side supporting the other.
- Many of these terms have been created to distinguish locality, others as a direct comment on the character or peculiarities of the Welsh.
- It's a peculiarity of my nature that I often like to take less than the perfect tool and see what I can do with it.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The language of the Basque Country and Navarre is euskera, spoken by around 750,000 people; in Spanish vasco or vascuence. It is also spelled euskara. Basque is unrelated to the Indo-European languages and its origins are unclear.