- pedal (m) brake/accelerator pedal pedal del freno/acelerador(sustaining pedal)[Mus] pedal derecho or fuerte or de intensidadMore example sentences
More example sentences
- The basic notes of his music are very few and usually surrounded by a haze of the overtones created by the damper pedal of the piano.
- During performance, most students will need to stand while depressing the damper pedal to access the interior of the piano.
- I took this opportunity, not only to answer her question and remind her of the proper name for the damper pedal, but also to explore the piano and how it worked.
More example sentences
- The same format was often imitated at the organ, the pedal taking the bass and the manuals the treble lines.
- This implementation enables you to create a true dual-manual organ with bass pedals, a swell pedal and faders to control the drawbars.
- I understand that some of the older organs have quite short pedals, which meant you had to always play with the toes and not the heel.
- The guitarist fiddled with various electronic devices and guitar pedals throughout the show, showing great musical versatility.
- Solid-body guitars were combined with new sonic modification devices such as distortion boxes and wah-wah pedals.
- The band looks confused, their pedals keep making funny noises, their vocals come and go.
Sanfermines (The festival of San Fermín) is from 6th-14th July and el encierro (the 'running of the bulls'), takes place in Pamplona in northern Spain. The animals are released into the barricaded streets and people run in front of them, in honor of the town´s patron saint, San Fermín, who was put to death by being dragged by bulls.
vi ( (BrE) -ll-)
- [cyclist] pedalearMore example sentences
- On a borrowed a bicycle, he pedals over hills and along dirt roads, encountering impenetrable characters and glimpses of his own nature.
- When the girls came pedalling along in the Bordeaux race - all legs and flowing hair - they were a sensation.
- You can see cyclists pedalling along, chatting away happily.
vt ( (BrE) -ll-)
- [bicycle] darle* a los pedales deMore example sentences
- But we are also abandoning red meat, drinking bottled water, double-locking our doors at night and sending our kids out with a crash helmet when they're pedalling the trike around the lawn.
- They allow those adults to pedal the trike around in the water.
- Begin moving your legs in a circular motion, as if pedaling a bicycle.