Translation of pellet in Spanish:
- 1 (of bread, paper)Example sentences
- Today I noticed that as soon as I dropped a few of the smelly fish food pellets into the water they started to fight over them.
- Wiley and three co-workers pour 10 metric tons of food pellets into the pens each day and monitor the fish with underwater video cameras to see when they stop eating.
- To give one example, a red pellet could contain substances such as potassium perchlorate and strontium carbonate, besides pitch as fuel and starch as binder.
- 2 (Zoology) (of regurgitated food)(feces) cagadita (feminine) [colloquial]Example sentences
- Prey is often swallowed whole, and the fur, feathers, and bones are later regurgitated in pellets.
- Since the mid-1980s, his team has been studying a great skua breeding colony, analyzing bones and feathers in pellets that skuas cough up after feeding.
- Indigestible materials like fur, feathers and insect exoskeletons, if swallowed, are regurgitated in a pellet.
- For the rabbit scent, two to three fecal pellets were placed in the runway within 20 cm on either side of the tile.
- These specialized fertilizers include compost and processed animal manure pellets.
- Some tunnels are hollow, with walls consolidated by a mucous secretion; others are packed with fecal pellets, indicating that the animal was eating its way through the sediment.
- 3 (ammunition)Example sentences
- These can be easily missed or confused with wounds from shot gun pellets or small caliber bullets.
- The same cannot be said for shotgun pellets, bullets, snares or traps.
- The police responded by firing rubber bullets, wooden pellets, and tear gas into the crowd.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.