Translation of pellucid in Spanish:
- 1.1 (transparent) [stream/water] cristalinoExample sentences1.2 (easy to understand) [style/poem] diáfano; [argument/discussion] de meridiana claridad
- You see it now in those horrid traffic jams; in tar slicks that come and go when you swim in pellucid waters; and in the awful fires that destroyed many trees on the Cote during last summer's heat wave.
- This morning the rain swept away, the clouds rolled back, and we were blessed with pellucid blue skies and sunshine from dawn till dusk.
- I hopped on out to the patio to stand in quite pleasantly warm sunshine and peered up at the pellucid blue sky.
- The renowned, the brilliant, the incredibly funny man, published delightful books written in the most pellucid prose.
- In each of these enterprises, she brought to bear her characteristic rigor and discernment, as well as the pellucid prose style for which she was justly celebrated.
- Read them years later in wonder at their erudition and pellucid prose.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The language of the Basque Country and Navarre is euskera, spoken by around 750,000 people; in Spanish vasco or vascuence. It is also spelled euskara. Basque is unrelated to the Indo-European languages and its origins are unclear.