n (fountain pen)
- 1 pluma (f) estilográfica, pluma (f) fuente (Latin America/América Latina) , estilográfica (f), lapicera (f) fuente (Southern Cone/Cono Sur) , estilógrafo (masculine) (Colombia)(ballpoint pen)bolígrafo (m), boli (m) (Spain/España) [colloquial/familiar], birome (feminine) (River Plate area/Río de la Plata) , pluma (feminine) atómica (Mexico/México) , lápiz (masculine) de pasta (Chile)(felt pen)rotulador (masculine) he had never actually put o set pen to paper nunca se había puesto a escribir, nunca había escrito nada pen and ink sketch boceto (masculine) a plumilla the pen is mightier than the sword más puede la pluma que la espada
- 2 2.1 [Agriculture/Agricultura](sheep pen)redil (masculine)(cattle pen)corral (masculine) 2.2 (prison) (American English/inglés norteamericano) [slang/argot], cana (masculine and feminine) (South America/América del Sur) [slang/argot], talego (masculine) (Spain/España) [slang/argot], tanque (masculine) (Mexico/México) [slang/argot] in the pen a la sombra [colloquial/familiar]More example sentences
- Two years later, she pleaded guilty to conspiracy to defraud and was sentenced to nine months in the federal pen.
- You know, they bury guys alive out at the federal pen for stuff like that.
- It matters, but you really want to go to the heavy federal pen if you want street credibility.
- 3 [Zoology/Zoología] (female swan) cisne (masculine) hembraMore example sentences
More example sentences
- Along with the original small red house, the farm now has two barns, a sheep pen, and several sheds.
- The sheep pens are on display and all strawed up, but will remain empty for two days whilst the show goes on around.
- Then he moved on to sniff around the sheep where the lambing pen had been.
More example sentences
- Research teams were then randomly assigned to a pen of birds.
- He was helping The Boss put a pen of cattle through the scales before they were trucked out so that they could take out the ones that didn't make the contracted weight.
- Best price of the day went to the man from Lockton for a pen of hoggs at 121p/kilo.
- The pen, or female swan, was visible on the nest, but there was no sign of her paramour.
- The two swans (a pen and a cob) have since brought seven baby cygnets into the world.
- There are ducks and cranes, and every few miles a cob and pen circle as only swans can in their own territory.
The Basque autonomous police force is called Ertzaintza. Its members, called ertzainas, wear a uniform of red sweaters and berets, and white jackets. Despite the Ertzaintza's wide range of responsibilities, the Guardia Civil and Policía Nacional still operate in the Basque Country.
- [letter/article] redactar, escribir*; [verse] componer*More example sentences
- He has a penchant for writing and has penned a few hundred poems.
- And you dare not write off people who pen moaning letters to parish newsletters or local papers as cantankerous curmudgeons.
- But as any screenplay handbook will tell you, writing for motion pictures is not about penning lines of dialogue; it is about fashioning a narrative and constructing an event.