Translation of pencil in Spanish:
- 1 (for writing, drawing) colored pencils to draw/write in pencildibujar a/escribir con lápizeyebrow/eye pencillápiz de cejas/ojos(before noun) pencil drawingdibujo (masculine) a lápizExample sentences
- Common complimentary gifts include plastic bags, ballpoint pens, pencils, writing pads, water bottles and paper cups.
- I always think of myself as a kid in the street with a pencil and piece of paper, watching other people.
- After hours of trying to elicit any scrap of detail about his life, someone had the idea of leaving him with a drawing pad and pencils.
- 2 (of light)(of rays) haz (masculine)Example sentences
- The thin line of his pencil transcribes the desert light and, for the first time in this exhibition, a unique and unmistakable vision appears.
- These conservative pencils of light also displayed the biological diversity of the ship's crew.
- Peepholes at strategic points along its length admitted pencils of light.
transitive verb (British English) -ll-
- 1 (write, draw)(notes/calculations)
anotar (con lápiz)(outline)
hacer un esbozo deExample sentences
- As I write this he's pencilled it onto the canvas and judging by the noises he was making in the background as I spoke to him, he has just begun to paint.
- Turns out that my name has been pencilled against this project for some weeks now - which is partly why no other work has been coming my way.
- Visions of him are off limits in your daydreams, his name is never again to be penciled in your notebook, and his school picture must promptly be removed from the inside of your locker.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.