Translation of pencil in Spanish:
- 1.1 (for writing, drawing) lápiz (masculine) colored pencils lápices de colores to draw/write in pencil dibujar a/escribir* con lápiz eyebrow/eye pencil lápiz de cejas/ojos (before noun/delante del nombre) pencil drawing dibujo (masculine) a lápizExample sentences1.2 (of light) rayo (masculine); (of rays) haz (masculine)
- He received some money from a federal welfare program and tried selling pencils.
- Hardware and software is still more expensive than paper and pencils.
- He would give me some paper and a pencil and I would imitate him, making marks on paper.
- The thin line of his pencil transcribes the desert light and, for the first time in this exhibition, a unique and unmistakable vision appears.
- These conservative pencils of light also displayed the biological diversity of the ship's crew.
- Peepholes at strategic points along its length admitted pencils of light.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo ( (British English/inglés británico) -ll-)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Spain, a school that is privately owned but receives a government grant is called a colegio concertado. Parents pay monthly fees, but not as much as in a