Translation of pencil in Spanish:
- 1.1 (for writing, drawing) lápiz (masculine) colored pencils lápices de colores to draw/write in pencil dibujar a/escribir* con lápiz eyebrow/eye pencil lápiz de cejas/ojos (before noun/delante del nombre) pencil drawing dibujo (masculine) a lápizExample sentences1.2 (of light) rayo (masculine); (of rays) haz (masculine)
- He received some money from a federal welfare program and tried selling pencils.
- Hardware and software is still more expensive than paper and pencils.
- He would give me some paper and a pencil and I would imitate him, making marks on paper.
- The thin line of his pencil transcribes the desert light and, for the first time in this exhibition, a unique and unmistakable vision appears.
- These conservative pencils of light also displayed the biological diversity of the ship's crew.
- Peepholes at strategic points along its length admitted pencils of light.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo ( (British English/inglés británico) -ll-)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The Distrito Federal is a district of central Mexico, the seat of the federal government. It includes most of Mexico City and its suburbs, and comes under the direct supervision of the Mexican president.