- 1 c (payment) pensión (f) retirement pension pensión de jubilación, jubilación (f), pensión (f) widow's o widower's pension pensión de viudedad or de viudez, viudedad (f) personal/state/company pension pensión personal/del estado/de la empresa to be on o draw a pension cobrar una pensión/una jubilación (before n) pension book (BrE) cartilla (f) de pensionista or pensionado pension contributions aportaciones (fpl), aportes (mpl) (esp AmL) pension fund fondo (m) de pensiones pension pot alcancía (f) (AmL) or (Esp) hucha de pensiones pension rights derechos (mpl) de pensión pension scheme pension planMore example sentences
- I have not received an invitation to claim a state pension from the Pensions Service.
- The report highlights the fact that many people are relying on the state pension for their retirement income.
- This promises all pensioners a basic weekly income above the state pension.
- 2 /pɑːnsˈjəʊn; ˈpɒŋsjɒŋ/ 2.1 c (guesthouse) pensión (f) 2.2 u (room and board) pensión (f) full pension pensión completa half pension media pensiónMore example sentences
- Of course, it's a typical beautiful Austrian small town with lots of pensions, hotels and restaurants for the traveler.
- In one end of the hall, volunteers entered name after name into computers - people who had been located in nearby hotels or pensions.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Today is Fiesta de Santiago (St James' Day). The famous Camino de Santiago, the pilgrimage of thousands of people from all over Spain and many other parts of Europe to the holy city of Santiago de Compostela, takes place in the week leading up to St James' Day, 25 July. The city also has its fiestas around this time. The streets are full of musicians and performers for two weeks of celebrations culminating in the Festival del Apóstol.