- (payment) widow's o widower's pensionpersonal/state/company pensionpensión de viudedad or de viudezto be on o draw a pensionpensión personal/del estado/de la empresapension contributionscobrar una pensión/una jubilaciónpension rightsaportaciones (feminine plural)aportes (masculine plural) (especially Latin America)pension scheme → pension planderechos (masculine plural) de pensiónExample sentences
- I have not received an invitation to claim a state pension from the Pensions Service.
- The report highlights the fact that many people are relying on the state pension for their retirement income.
- This promises all pensioners a basic weekly income above the state pension.
- 1.1 countable (guesthouse)Example sentences1.2 uncountable (room and board) full pension half pension
- Of course, it's a typical beautiful Austrian small town with lots of pensions, hotels and restaurants for the traveler.
- In one end of the hall, volunteers entered name after name into computers - people who had been located in nearby hotels or pensions.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In some Andean countries, particularly Chile, onces is a light meal eaten between five and six p.m., the equivalent of "afternoon tea" in Britain. In Colombia, on the other hand, onces is a light snack eaten between breakfast and lunch. It is also known as mediasnueves.