Translation of penurious in Spanish:
- [literary]Example sentences
- Once some penurious student has finished loading up a piece of art into her van, it immediately gains in value.
- The garish festivities are set in one of the world's most penurious places.
- This, as you might appreciate, presents many problems for a man with the soul of a tortured and penurious poet.
- Your plan to spend everything you have and more as soon as possible seems a certain recipe for a penurious old age.
- One promising effort is intended to increase the low personal savings rate in the U.S., which could doom many people to a penurious retirement.
- A comparable case is that of Iraq, where in spite of the weekly strikes by the U.S. and Britain and the penurious condition of the country, has still not thrown in the towel.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
A portero is a superintendent in an apartment building who looks after it, keeps it clean, delivers mail, and keeps an eye on comings and goings. Porteros often have an apartment in the building as part of their pay. The portero, and particularly the female portera, are part of popular culture. They have a reputation for being inquisitive and fond of gossip.