Translation of penurious in Spanish:
- [literary/literario] míseroExample sentences
- Once some penurious student has finished loading up a piece of art into her van, it immediately gains in value.
- The garish festivities are set in one of the world's most penurious places.
- This, as you might appreciate, presents many problems for a man with the soul of a tortured and penurious poet.
- Your plan to spend everything you have and more as soon as possible seems a certain recipe for a penurious old age.
- One promising effort is intended to increase the low personal savings rate in the U.S., which could doom many people to a penurious retirement.
- A comparable case is that of Iraq, where in spite of the weekly strikes by the U.S. and Britain and the penurious condition of the country, has still not thrown in the towel.
- It is rather penurious reasoning too, knowing what we know about the geo-strategic priorities of the United States at this conjuncture.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The Distrito Federal is a district of central Mexico, the seat of the federal government. It includes most of Mexico City and its suburbs, and comes under the direct supervision of the Mexican president.