Translation of pepper in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 uncountable (spice) black/white pepper (before noun) pepper mill o grinder pepper steakfilete (masculine) a la pimientaExample sentences1.2 countablepepper (plant)
- Whiz the onion, cumin, cinnamon, salt and pepper in a food processor until smooth.
- In a small bowl, combine sugar, paprika, salt, pepper, cumin, chilli powder and garlic.
- Season with salt and freshly ground pepper, add the parsley and stir gently.
- 2 countable or uncountable (capsicum fruit, plant)also: sweet pepperpimentón (masculine) (South America exc River Plate area)green pepperpimiento ( or pimentón etc) verdered pepperpimiento ( or pimentón etc) rojo or coloradoExample sentences
- Gently fry the bacon, add 2 tablespoons olive oil and then sauté onion, peppers, garlic, fennel and saffron.
- Aubergines, green beans, courgettes, garlic, leeks, peppers, potatoes, shallots, spinach and most variety of potatoes are excellent buys.
- The plant is a member of the family Solanaceae and therefore a relation of the New World capsicum peppers and potato, and of the Old World aubergine.
- 1 (Cookery)ponerle or echarle pimienta aExample sentences
- He peppered the meat and swirled it with vegetables, asparagus shoots and courgette and finely shaved carrots, leeks and onions at their most succulent.
- Gratefully, I copiously peppered my dish, and returned the pepper grinder to the young man, thanking him.
- Two of us chose crispy duck with orange and Grand Marnier sauce, the birthday girl chose peppered steak, another chose lamb kebab with mint and honey and another went for halibut.
- 2 (pelt)to pepper something/somebody (
withsomething)acribillar algo/a alguien (they peppered him with questions aalgo)lo acribillaron a preguntasExample sentences
- A propaganda line was prepared, while the city was peppered with repeated bombardment.
- He finally stopped and was peppered with bullets from an Apache helicopter.
- He is getting peppered with questions from the press, many of them with a familiar theme.
- 3 (intersperse)to pepper something
withsomethingsalpicar algothe speech was peppered with anecdotes dealgoel discurso estuvo salpicado de anécdotasExample sentences
- In this case, it is also peppered with an enormous amount of humour as well as a direct insight into the sheer boredom and irritation of being incarcerated and its destructive effect on the personality.
- In addition, each explanation is peppered with the necessary amount of technical information needed to accomplish the job.
- His speeches are peppered with key phrases including ‘the consumer is boss’, ‘reframing the brands’ and ‘connect and develop’.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.