Translation of percentage in Spanish:
- 1.1 countable (Mathematics) translate the results into percentagesto play the percentages [colloquial]indique el resultado en forma de porcentajes(before noun) percentage errorsopesar las posibilidadespercentage increase/pointporcentaje (masculine) de erroraumento (masculine) /punto (masculine) porcentualExample sentences1.2 countable (part) she gets a percentage of the profits
a high percentage of the populationrecibe un tanto por ciento or un porcentaje de los beneficios1.3 uncountable (advantage) (American English) [colloquial]what percentage is there in it for me?un alto porcentaje de la poblaciónthere must be some percentage in it for him¿qué gano or saco yo con ello?1.4 countable (average)él debe de sacar tajada [colloquial](American English)Example sentences
- It would also help children with blood diseases such as leukaemia, and would hopefully increase the survival percentage rate.
- The rate reverts to an annualised percentage rate of 16.9 per cent after six months.
- He expects the bank to lower its main rate by half a percentage point to 2 percent next month.
- There is a big corporate market for the championships, but their percentage of the whole audience is quite tiny.
- I bet if a referendum were called for, the percentage of the whole population would be nearly the same as that in the survey.
- There may be a small percentage that comes back, but a station does not usually get back the whole percentage that was lost.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In Spain, a geographical, social, and culturally homogeneous region, with a clear natural or administrative demarcation is called a comarca. Comarcas are normally smaller than