Translation of peremptory in Spanish:
- 1.1 [person/manner] autoritario, imperioso; [order/tone] perentorio, imperiosoExample sentences1.2 [Law/Derecho] perentorio peremptory plea excepción (feminine) perentoria
- Whereas the latter had tended to deal with divisions through a process of avoidance or such extended discussion that unity was effected through boring dissidents into submission, his style was brusque and peremptory.
- So fierce is his gaze, so peremptory his order, that even the shoppers forget the cold for a moment and stare in undisguised curiosity at the man with the red hackle.
- The next day his peremptory order to the authorities to send the irregulars home was obeyed with alacrity, and this should have been the end of the matter.
- The appeal is scheduled for March 10th, peremptory to the Appellant, with or without counsel.
- While the plaintiff has not acted expeditiously in this case, I am not prepared to find that the default is intentional and contumelious, that is, in deliberate contravention of a peremptory order of the court.
- Human rights and peremptory norms of international law must be observed, and legal obligations toward third states must be respected.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The Defensor del pueblo is an ombudsman nominated by the Spanish Parliament to defend the rights of citizens against government maladministration. If he upholds a complaint he advises the administration on appropriate compensation. This post, under the same name, also exists in some Latin American countries.