Translation of performance in Spanish:
- 1 countable (Cinema, Music, Theater) 1.1 (session) (Theater)(Cinema)the band/trio will give no more performances in Romethe eight o'clock performance is sold outel grupo/trío no volverá a presentarse en Romain performance (live) 1.2 (of symphony, song)las entradas para la función de las ocho están agotadas(of play)the twentieth performance of the playthe first performance of the playla vigésima representación de la obrathe first performance of Hamlet by a black actorel estreno de la obrala primera vez que un actor negro interpreta a HamletExample sentences1.3 (of actor)
(of pianist, tenor)(of entertainer)she won an Oscar for her performance in the lead roleganó un Oscar por su interpretación del papel protagónico or por su actuación en el papel protagónicoExample sentences
- It is dedicated to presenting concerts and performances with a meaning.
- The show follows the traditional plot of the fairytale story but with plenty of comedy and slapstick to keep the crowds entertained for both evening and matinee performances.
- There, pageants and performances could be presented against the authentic background of Clifford's Tower and the Castle Museum buildings.
- Highly stylized dramatic performances were accompanied by music.
- It also includes songs and live music performances, although the core of the show is still the Irish folk dance.
- I would like to thank the young people who worked to put on a wonderful performance of Sound of Music at the Wyvern.
- 2 countable or uncountable (of employee)(of student)(of team, athlete)(of company)resultados (masculine plural)(of stocks)her performance in the polls/oral exam was gooda high-performance engineobtuvo buenos resultados en el sondeo/examen oralwe have improved our overseas performanceun motor de alto rendimientonuestros resultados en el extranjero han mejoradoExample sentences
- Can the people afford to trust the group with its record of failure in terms of performance and financial management?
- Dublin remains a divided city in terms of academic performance.
- I will measure performance in terms of achievement at the top line taking into account how much money we put behind the brands.
- Not if you were raised on a steady diet of hot rods, muscle cars and performance vehicles.
- The machines sharing the work usually come to have different performance capabilities.
- The operator can notice changes in machine performance and handling to some degree.
- 3 uncountable [formal] (fulfillment — of function) in the performance of his dutiesen el ejercicio or en el desempeño de sus funcionesExample sentences
- Judicial immunity promotes independence by allowing the fearless performance of the judicial function.
- It is addressing a different realm of discourse, namely, performance of judicial functions.
- How do you say it impairs their performance of their functions as judges?
- 4 countable (fuss, bother) [colloquial]it's such a performance getting the children to bedwhat a performance!da tanto trabajo acostar a los niños¡qué historia! [colloquial]¡qué lata! [colloquial]
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Opus Dei - Latin for "God's Work" - is a Catholic organization founded in Spain in 1928. The Opus became very influential in Spanish society, above all by founding schools and universities. The aim was to create an élite which would spread Christian ideals throughout society. The University of Navarre is one of its foremost institutions.