Translation of performance in Spanish:
- 1 countable/numerable [Cinema/Cine] [Music/Música] [Theater/Teatro] 1.1 (session) [Theater/Teatro] representación (feminine), función (feminine); [Cinema/Cine] función (feminine); (by circus, cabaret artist) número (masculine), espectáculo (masculine) the band/trio will give no more performances in Rome el grupo/trío no volverá a presentarse en Roma the eight o'clock performance is sold out las entradas para la función de las ocho están agotadas in performance (live) (actuando) en directo 1.2 (of symphony, song) interpretación (feminine); (of play) representación (feminine) the twentieth performance of the play la vigésima representación de la obra the first performance of the play el estreno de la obra the first performance of Hamlet by a black actor la primera vez que un actor negro interpreta a HamletExample sentences1.3 (of actor) interpretación (feminine), actuación (feminine); (of pianist, tenor) interpretación (feminine); (of entertainer) actuación (feminine) she won an Oscar for her performance in the lead role ganó un Oscar por su interpretación del papel protagónico or por su actuación en el papel protagónico
- It is dedicated to presenting concerts and performances with a meaning.
- The show follows the traditional plot of the fairytale story but with plenty of comedy and slapstick to keep the crowds entertained for both evening and matinee performances.
- There, pageants and performances could be presented against the authentic background of Clifford's Tower and the Castle Museum buildings.
- Highly stylized dramatic performances were accompanied by music.
- It also includes songs and live music performances, although the core of the show is still the Irish folk dance.
- I would like to thank the young people who worked to put on a wonderful performance of Sound of Music at the Wyvern.
- 2 c and u (of employee) rendimiento (masculine), desempeño (masculine) (Latin America/América Latina) ; (of student) rendimiento (masculine); (of team, athlete) actuación (feminine), desempeño (masculine), performance (feminine) (Latin America/América Latina) [journalese/lenguaje periodístico]; (of machine, vehicle) comportamiento (masculine), performance (feminine) (Latin America/América Latina) ; (of company) resultados (masculine plural); (of stocks) rendimiento (masculine) her performance in the polls/oral exam was good obtuvo buenos resultados en el sondeo/examen oral a high-performance engine un motor de alto rendimiento we have improved our overseas performance nuestros resultados en el extranjero han mejoradoExample sentences
- Can the people afford to trust the group with its record of failure in terms of performance and financial management?
- Dublin remains a divided city in terms of academic performance.
- I will measure performance in terms of achievement at the top line taking into account how much money we put behind the brands.
- Not if you were raised on a steady diet of hot rods, muscle cars and performance vehicles.
- The machines sharing the work usually come to have different performance capabilities.
- The operator can notice changes in machine performance and handling to some degree.
- 3 uncountable/no numerable [formal] (fulfillment — of function) ejercicio (masculine), desempeño (masculine); (— of task) ejecución (feminine), realización (feminine) in the performance of his duties en el ejercicio or en el desempeño de sus funcionesExample sentences
- Judicial immunity promotes independence by allowing the fearless performance of the judicial function.
- It is addressing a different realm of discourse, namely, performance of judicial functions.
- How do you say it impairs their performance of their functions as judges?
- 4 countable/numerable (fuss, bother) [colloquial/familiar] it's such a performance getting the children to bed da tanto trabajo acostar a los niños what a performance! ¡qué historia! [colloquial/familiar], ¡qué lata! [colloquial/familiar], ¡qué rollo! (Spain/España) [colloquial/familiar]
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The Premios Goya del cine español is the Spanish equivalent of Oscars, awarded in January every year by the AACC (Academia de las Artes y las Ciencias Cinematográficas de España). The winners receive a bust of the painter Goya.