- 1 countable/numerable [Cinema/Cine] [Music/Música] [Theater/Teatro] 1.1 (session) [Theater/Teatro] representación (f), función (f); [Cinema/Cine] función (f); (by circus, cabaret artist) número (m), espectáculo (m) the band/trio will give no more performances in Rome el grupo/trío no volverá a presentarse en Roma the eight o'clock performance is sold out las entradas para la función de las ocho están agotadas in performance (live) (actuando) en directo 1.2 (of symphony, song) interpretación (f); (of play) representación (f) the twentieth performance of the play la vigésima representación de la obra the first performance of the play el estreno de la obra the first performance of Hamlet by a black actor la primera vez que un actor negro interpreta a HamletMore example sentences1.3 (of actor) interpretación (f), actuación (f); (of pianist, tenor) interpretación (f); (of entertainer) actuación (f) she won an Oscar for her performance in the lead role ganó un Oscar por su interpretación del papel protagónico or por su actuación en el papel protagónico
More example sentences
- It is dedicated to presenting concerts and performances with a meaning.
- The show follows the traditional plot of the fairytale story but with plenty of comedy and slapstick to keep the crowds entertained for both evening and matinee performances.
- There, pageants and performances could be presented against the authentic background of Clifford's Tower and the Castle Museum buildings.
- Highly stylized dramatic performances were accompanied by music.
- It also includes songs and live music performances, although the core of the show is still the Irish folk dance.
- I would like to thank the young people who worked to put on a wonderful performance of Sound of Music at the Wyvern.
- 2 countable or uncountable/numerable o no numerable (of employee) rendimiento (m), desempeño (m) (Latin America/América Latina) ; (of student) rendimiento (m); (of team, athlete) actuación (f), desempeño (m), performance (f) (Latin America/América Latina) [journalese/lenguaje periodístico]; (of machine, vehicle) comportamiento (m), performance (f) (Latin America/América Latina) ; (of company) resultados (mpl); (of stocks) rendimiento (m) her performance in the polls/oral exam was good obtuvo buenos resultados en el sondeo/examen oral a high-performance engine un motor de alto rendimiento we have improved our overseas performance nuestros resultados en el extranjero han mejoradoMore example sentences
More example sentences
- Can the people afford to trust the group with its record of failure in terms of performance and financial management?
- Dublin remains a divided city in terms of academic performance.
- I will measure performance in terms of achievement at the top line taking into account how much money we put behind the brands.
- Not if you were raised on a steady diet of hot rods, muscle cars and performance vehicles.
- The machines sharing the work usually come to have different performance capabilities.
- The operator can notice changes in machine performance and handling to some degree.
- 3 uncountable/no numerable [formal] (fulfillment — of function) ejercicio (m), desempeño (m); (— of task) ejecución (f), realización (f) in the performance of his duties en el ejercicio or en el desempeño de sus funcionesMore example sentences
- Judicial immunity promotes independence by allowing the fearless performance of the judicial function.
- It is addressing a different realm of discourse, namely, performance of judicial functions.
- How do you say it impairs their performance of their functions as judges?
- 4 countable/numerable (fuss, bother) [colloquial/familiar] it's such a performance getting the children to bed da tanto trabajo acostar a los niños what a performance! ¡qué historia! [colloquial/familiar], ¡qué lata! [colloquial/familiar], ¡qué rollo! (Spain/España) [colloquial/familiar]
Browse other language resources
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Cultural fact of the day
Today is a public holiday in Chile (Día de la Independencia)