n (plural -ries)
- [formal] (of city) periferia (f); (of society) margen (m)More example sentences
More example sentences
- One morning, a village on the periphery of a city wakes up to find itself bifurcated by the construction of a National Highway.
- On the periphery of the print, I can see the living room décor as it used to be.
- On the periphery of my hearing, I caught a high pitched keening sound - the sonic pulse.
- On the positive side it has assisted in moving issues about ageing from the periphery to the centre of political debate.
- In order to arrive at new prisms of analysis, we need to further de-center the West itself and look at what once were considered peripheries as centers in their own right, with their own capacity for creating history.
- In sum, the prefect was the indispensable link between the centre and the periphery.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The Senado is the name of the upper chamber of the Spanish Cortes Generales, and the place where it meets. There are 250 senators, most of whom are elected every four years, at general elections, four from each province. A small number of senators are also elected by the autonomous governments.