n (pl -ries)
- [formal] (of city) periferia (f); (of society) margen (m)More example sentences
More example sentences
- One morning, a village on the periphery of a city wakes up to find itself bifurcated by the construction of a National Highway.
- On the periphery of the print, I can see the living room décor as it used to be.
- On the periphery of my hearing, I caught a high pitched keening sound - the sonic pulse.
- On the positive side it has assisted in moving issues about ageing from the periphery to the centre of political debate.
- In order to arrive at new prisms of analysis, we need to further de-center the West itself and look at what once were considered peripheries as centers in their own right, with their own capacity for creating history.
- In sum, the prefect was the indispensable link between the centre and the periphery.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Churro is a typical Spanish food, consisting of a long thin cylinder of dough, deep-fried in olive oil and often dusted with sugar. Churros are usually eaten with a thick hot drinking chocolate, especially for breakfast.