Translation of perish in Spanish:
- 1 (die) [literary]perecer [literary]perish the thought!Example sentences
- We found her boat, in pieces on the shore, and I thought she had perished in a violent storm crossing the ocean.
- Much of the army perished at the river, and most of the rest were captured.
- Malnourished children do not typically perish from hunger but when children are weak, common childhood ailments become killers.
- He died in a shabby Roman hotel the year after that regime had perished.
- They hoped the ruling party could help save the paper from perishing.
- Will it successfully resist or perish due to state repression?
- 2 (decay)(rubber/leather)
echarse a perder
- Some argue that organic fruit and vegetables perish quickly, but there's no need to waste food that has reached the end of its shelf life.
- Since you're looking for foods that don't perish too fast and can be eaten without silverware, I suggest plant-based foods for lunches.
- Leaks due to cracked or perished rubber make accurate measurement of blood pressure difficult because the fall in mercury cannot be controlled.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.