Translation of perpendicular in Spanish:
- 1.1 (vertical) [wall/surface] perpendicular al horizonteExample sentences1.2 [Mathematics/Matemáticas] perpendicular
- Most people touring the 302-square-kilometre Lushan National Park will be unruffled when they stand in front of perpendicular cliffs and look down on deep valleys.
- It now is closed off by the forestry and is about four feet from the edge of a cliff which has a perpendicular drop of 700 ft overlooking the Masshill road.
- The elevation of the Planalto exceeds 1000 m at the eastern end close to the Atlantic coast, and the Serra Geral facing the east forms a perpendicular cliff.
tosth perpendicular aalgoExample sentences1.3Perpendicular (style) [Architecture/Arquitectura] gótico (masculine) tardío ([ inglés ])
- The minor axis is perpendicular to the plane of rotation of the galaxy.
- Then, since both semicircles are perpendicular to the plane ABC, so is their line of intersection QN.
- Subsequently, one defines planes perpendicular to such lines, positioning them at the midpoint between the connected particles.
- perpendicular (feminine) to drop a perpendicular trazar* una perpendicular
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
A piñata is a hollow figure made of cardboard, or from a clay pot lined with colored paper. Filled with fruit, candy, toys, etc, and hung up at parties, people take turns to stand in front of them blindfolded and try to break them with a stick. They feature in Mexican posadas