- 1.1 (victimize) perseguir*More example sentences1.2 (pester, tease) molestar, incordiar (Esp) [familiar/colloquial]
More example sentences
- She claims she has been persecuted because of her religious beliefs.
- We should also be targeting the source of the problem: repressive governments which persecute their own citizens.
- We see a dictator using force to repress and persecute his opponents.
- For three years after DNA evidence proved his innocence, the authorities persisted in persecuting him.
- They are doing the opposite by picking on them and by persecuting people more than they have for years.
- Last week we witnessed two fine examples of the extent to which anti-smoking zealots will go in order to hound and persecute smokers.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Today is Fiesta de Santiago (St James' Day). The famous Camino de Santiago, the pilgrimage of thousands of people from all over Spain and many other parts of Europe to the holy city of Santiago de Compostela, takes place in the week leading up to St James' Day, 25 July. The city also has its fiestas around this time. The streets are full of musicians and performers for two weeks of celebrations culminating in the Festival del Apóstol.