- 1.1 (victimize) perseguir*More example sentences1.2 (pester, tease) molestar, incordiar (Esp) [familiar/colloquial]
More example sentences
- She claims she has been persecuted because of her religious beliefs.
- We should also be targeting the source of the problem: repressive governments which persecute their own citizens.
- We see a dictator using force to repress and persecute his opponents.
- For three years after DNA evidence proved his innocence, the authorities persisted in persecuting him.
- They are doing the opposite by picking on them and by persecuting people more than they have for years.
- Last week we witnessed two fine examples of the extent to which anti-smoking zealots will go in order to hound and persecute smokers.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The RAE (Real Academia de la Lengua Española) is a body established in the eighteenth century to record and preserve the Spanish language. It is made up of académicos, who are normally well-known literary figures and/or academic experts on the Spanish language. The RAE publishes the Diccionario de la Real Academia Española, which is regarded as an authority on correct Spanish. Affiliated academies exist in Latin American countries.