Translation of persist in Spanish:
- 1.1 (person) (continue doggedly)to persist
insomething/ -ingthey persisted in the belief o in believing that …the reporter persisted in asking awkward questionspersistieron en la creencia de que …he will persist in calling me 'darling'el reportero insistió en hacer preguntas embarazosasinsiste or se empeña en llamarme 'cariño'Example sentences1.2
(belief/rumor/doubts)if the pain persists, see your doctorif the rain persists …si persiste el dolor, consulte a su médicosi continúa or sigue lloviendo …Example sentences
- He retreated to the ground and did not continue to persist in creating hostile assaults.
- The main effort should focus on finding a solution to the conflict, rather than persisting with the current situation of conflict management.
- But the BCC and the police are firm about persisting with the system.
- After the operation his symptoms persisted and got worse, leaving him in such pain that he had to be prescribed morphine.
- O'Connor said the symptoms usually persist for a few days and then ease up.
- It says on the packet to consult your doctor if symptoms persist for more than seven days.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Mezcal is an alcoholic drink similar to