n (pl people)
- 1 persona (f) he's/she's a charming person es una persona encantadora she's a mean person es una tacaña Sue's the person to ask a quien hay que preguntarle es a Sue who is this Davies person? ¿quién es el tal Davies? per person por persona help arrived in the person of his father su padre llegó en el momento más oportuno see also people1 1 2
- 2(pl persons)2.1 (individual) [formal] persona (f) person or persons unknown [Law] persona o personas no identificadas juristic o artificial person [Law] persona jurídica the three persons of the Holy Trinity las tres personas de la Santísima Trinidad 2.2 (body) persona (f) to have a weapon on o about one's person (BrE) [formal] ser* portador de arma offenses against the person delitos (mpl) contra la persona in person en personaMore example sentences
More example sentences
- For many societies, the human being is the person who has learned and obeys the community's rules.
- It is trying to be all things to all sorts of rich people but is this a recipe for confusion?
- Ian can eat enough food for four of five people, but he uses all that energy up on stage.
- Have a pen available on your person, and if paper is not available, write it on your hand.
- Within a day or so you forget that you ever had anything so horrific occurring on your person.
- He does not want to publicise the fact that he carries large quantities of cash on his person in case he becomes a target for thieves.
- 3 [Ling](pl persons)persona (f) second person plural segunda persona del plural in the first person en primera personaMore example sentences
- When civilians addressed a soldier, they did so in the second person singular, as to a child or pet.
- For a start there was a large number of interjections in the second person, which I presume related to me.
- There were some interjections in the second person that were not very savoury.
Browse other language resources
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...