Translation of personal in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (own)(property)(experience/preference)she has a personal helicoptertiene helicóptero particularExample sentences1.2 (private) a letter marked 'personal'
this is a personal matteruna carta marcada 'personal'he has retired for personal reasonseste es un asunto privado or personalno personal calls are allowedse ha jubilado por razones personalesdon't ask personal questionsno se permite hacer llamadas particulareshe suffered a personal tragedyno hagas preguntas indiscretaspersonal effects [formal]le ocurrió una desgracia en su vida privadaExample sentences1.3 (individual)
- But I decided not to be embarrassed by my illness and to record my experiences on a personal website, for anyone to read.
- He is working the streets as hard as anyone, buoyed by a huge personal fortune.
- For 200 years prior to this, the garden relied on personal book collections belonging to the various keepers of the garden.
(account/loan)a personal touchshe recorded a personal best (Sport)un toque personalshe did it at great personal risklogró mejorar su marcapersonal identification number personal incomelo hizo con gran peligro para su personapersonal income taxingresos (masculine plural) personalesimpuesto (masculine) sobre la renta de las personas físicas
- It's very rude to relay personal remarks, but I've made a career out of it - so why stop now?
- I suggest that it is time you made a ruling on that, and said that those sorts of personal insinuations are inappropriate.
- He decided to get very personal and to refer to my own marriage.
- 2 2.1 (in person)(appearance/plea)2.2 (physical)(freshness/hygiene)(appearance)personal cleanlinessExample sentences2.3 (directed against individual) See examples: personal abuse
let's not get personalpersonalismos (masculine plural)insultos (masculine plural) (personales)it's nothing personal, but …no llevemos las cosas al plano personalno tengo nada contra ti ( or ella etc), pero …Example sentences
- On some Tory blog's comment section this is a cue for speculating about personal hygiene of and body hair on greenies.
- As a youngster he has overcome racism and through his life there have been enough personal body blows to ensure that he appreciates the good in his world.
- I put it down to the fact that as he's Italian the encroaching of personal body space was just something that came with the territory.
- Each individual will receive a personal letter of apology, acknowledging the harm caused by the process.
- It's not my personal presence here that will bring the disease under control, but bearing down on the disease to eliminate it.
- Both our days are outrageously improved by actual personal contact.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
ESO (Educación Secundaria Obligatoria) is one of the stages of secondary education established in Spain by the