- 1 1.1 (own) [property] privado; [experience/preference] personal she has a personal helicopter tiene helicóptero particularMore example sentences1.2 (private) personal a letter marked 'personal' una carta marcada 'personal' this is a personal matter este es un asunto privado or personal he has retired for personal reasons se ha jubilado por razones personales no personal calls are allowed no se permite hacer llamadas particulares don't ask personal questions no hagas preguntas indiscretas he suffered a personal tragedy le ocurrió una desgracia en su vida privada personal effects [formal] efectos (masculine plural) personales
More example sentences1.3 (individual) [account/loan] personal a personal touch un toque personal she recorded a personal best [Sport/Deporte] logró mejorar su marca she did it at great personal risk lo hizo con gran peligro para su persona personal identification number número (masculine) de identificación personal, PIN (masculine) personal income ingresos (masculine plural) personales personal income tax impuesto (masculine) sobre la renta de las personas físicas
- But I decided not to be embarrassed by my illness and to record my experiences on a personal website, for anyone to read.
- He is working the streets as hard as anyone, buoyed by a huge personal fortune.
- For 200 years prior to this, the garden relied on personal book collections belonging to the various keepers of the garden.
- It's very rude to relay personal remarks, but I've made a career out of it - so why stop now?
- I suggest that it is time you made a ruling on that, and said that those sorts of personal insinuations are inappropriate.
- He decided to get very personal and to refer to my own marriage.
- 2 2.1 (in person) [appearance/plea] en persona 2.2 (physical) [freshness/hygiene] íntimo; [appearance] personal personal cleanliness aseo (masculine) personalMore example sentences2.3 (directed against individual) personal abuse personalismos (masculine plural), insultos (masculine plural) (personales) let's not get personal no llevemos las cosas al plano personal it's nothing personal, but … no tengo nada contra ti ( or ella etc), pero …
More example sentences
- On some Tory blog's comment section this is a cue for speculating about personal hygiene of and body hair on greenies.
- As a youngster he has overcome racism and through his life there have been enough personal body blows to ensure that he appreciates the good in his world.
- I put it down to the fact that as he's Italian the encroaching of personal body space was just something that came with the territory.
- Each individual will receive a personal letter of apology, acknowledging the harm caused by the process.
- It's not my personal presence here that will bring the disease under control, but bearing down on the disease to eliminate it.
- Both our days are outrageously improved by actual personal contact.
The PAN (Partido de Acción Nacional) is the political party that won the Mexican general elections in 2000, breaking the Partido Revolucional Institucional's record of 71 years in power. PRI - Partido Revolucionario InstitucionalPAN was founded in 1939 as a conservative alternative to President, Lázaro Cárdenas. It presents an image of being a defender of popular causes, but takes an individualistic approach to matters of education and property. Its traditional policies include limiting state intervention in the economy to a minimum and bringing about a greater rapprochement between the government and the church.