Translation of personal in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (own)(property)
privado(experience/preference)she has a personal helicopter
personaltiene helicóptero particularExample sentences1.2 (private) a letter marked 'personal'
una carta marcada 'personal'this is a personal mattereste es un asunto privado or personalhe has retired for personal reasonsse ha jubilado por razones personalesno personal calls are allowedno se permite hacer llamadas particularesdon't ask personal questionsno hagas preguntas indiscretashe suffered a personal tragedyle ocurrió una desgracia en su vida privadapersonal effects [formal]Example sentences1.3 (individual)
- But I decided not to be embarrassed by my illness and to record my experiences on a personal website, for anyone to read.
- He is working the streets as hard as anyone, buoyed by a huge personal fortune.
- For 200 years prior to this, the garden relied on personal book collections belonging to the various keepers of the garden.
(account/loan)a personal touch
- It's very rude to relay personal remarks, but I've made a career out of it - so why stop now?
- I suggest that it is time you made a ruling on that, and said that those sorts of personal insinuations are inappropriate.
- He decided to get very personal and to refer to my own marriage.
personalun toque personalshe recorded a personal best (Sport)logró mejorar su marcashe did it at great personal risklo hizo con gran peligro para su personapersonal identification number personal incomeingresos (masculine plural) personalespersonal income taximpuesto (masculine) sobre la renta de las personas físicas
- 2 2.1 (in person)(appearance/plea)
en personaExample sentences
Example sentences2.2 (physical)
- Each individual will receive a personal letter of apology, acknowledging the harm caused by the process.
- It's not my personal presence here that will bring the disease under control, but bearing down on the disease to eliminate it.
- Both our days are outrageously improved by actual personal contact.
- On some Tory blog's comment section this is a cue for speculating about personal hygiene of and body hair on greenies.
- As a youngster he has overcome racism and through his life there have been enough personal body blows to ensure that he appreciates the good in his world.
- I put it down to the fact that as he's Italian the encroaching of personal body space was just something that came with the territory.
íntimo(appearance)personal cleanliness 2.3 (directed against individual) personal abuse
personalpersonalismos (masculine plural)let's not get personal
insultos (masculine plural) (personales)no llevemos las cosas al plano personalit's nothing personal, but …no tengo nada contra ti ( or ella etc), pero …
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.