Translation of personify in Spanish:
transitive verb -fies, -fying, -fied
- 1 (epitomize) she's kindness personifiedes la bondad personificada or en persona
es la personificación de la bondadExample sentences
- These heroes have served culturally and historically to personify and embody Manifest Destiny, the best of America's imaginary frontier in the flesh.
- He personifies superficiality and embodies the fact that they have nothing more to say politically.
- To Kathleen and the children he was kindness personified and was always there to lend a helping hand when anyone was in trouble.
- 2 (represent as person)Example sentences
- In many ways it was simply another reflection of the very human tendency to personify the forces of evil.
- Her long, thick hair, which is rendered with rubbed graphite, expands as it falls like water to the image's edge; she might almost be personifying a natural force.
- Because prejudice is not personified I believe that it was not to be the object of Jane Austen's sharper criticism.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.