- 1.1 uncountable/no numerable (act) persuasión (feminine) I didn't need much persuasion to take a vacation no hubo que insistirme para que me tomara unas vacaciones use any means of persuasion to get them to agree persuádalos como sea para que acepten they used a little friendly persuasion on him [ironic/irónico] le aplicaron sus sutiles métodos de persuasión [ironic/irónico]More example sentences1.2 countable/numerable (belief) [formal] people of all persuasions [Religion/Religión] gente de todas las creencias and others of that/her persuasion y otros que opinan así/como ella
More example sentences
- They pay special attention to the way social responsibilities are fostered by informal communal processes of persuasion and peer pressure.
- If this means that the professor is open to persuasion, I certainly hope to persuade him.
- Some urged caution, apparently believing that this government is open to persuasion.
- Whatever sexual, ethical, religious and political persuasions a person comes from, it can only be good to give all people a great welcome to Scotland.
- Friends of mine are displaying the peace flags no matter what their religious inclinations or political persuasions.
- Throughout his life, he gained and retained the friendship and respect of men of the most diverse political and religious persuasions.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Mossos d'Esquadra is the name of the police force of the Catalan autonomous region. It has a wide range of responsibilities but the Guardia Civil and Policía Nacional also operate in Catalonia.