Translation of persuasion in Spanish:
- 1.1 uncountable/no numerable (act) persuasión (feminine) I didn't need much persuasion to take a vacation no hubo que insistirme para que me tomara unas vacaciones use any means of persuasion to get them to agree persuádalos como sea para que acepten they used a little friendly persuasion on him [ironic] le aplicaron sus sutiles métodos de persuasión [irónico]Example sentences1.2 countable/numerable (belief) [formal] people of all persuasions [Religion/Religión] gente de todas las creencias and others of that/her persuasion y otros que opinan así/como ella
- They pay special attention to the way social responsibilities are fostered by informal communal processes of persuasion and peer pressure.
- If this means that the professor is open to persuasion, I certainly hope to persuade him.
- Some urged caution, apparently believing that this government is open to persuasion.
- Whatever sexual, ethical, religious and political persuasions a person comes from, it can only be good to give all people a great welcome to Scotland.
- Friends of mine are displaying the peace flags no matter what their religious inclinations or political persuasions.
- Throughout his life, he gained and retained the friendship and respect of men of the most diverse political and religious persuasions.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In Spain, the paga extra (or paga extraordinaria) is a bonus payment equivalent to a month's salary, paid twice a year, at Christmas and in July before the summer vacation, on top of the normal monthly salary. These bonuses are written into most permanent employment contracts.