Translation of persuasion in Spanish:
- 1 uncountable (act) I didn't need much persuasion to take a vacationno hubo que insistirme para que me tomara unas vacacionesuse any means of persuasion to get them to agreepersuádalos como sea para que aceptenthey used a little friendly persuasion on him [ironic]le aplicaron sus sutiles métodos de persuasión [ironic]Example sentences
- They pay special attention to the way social responsibilities are fostered by informal communal processes of persuasion and peer pressure.
- If this means that the professor is open to persuasion, I certainly hope to persuade him.
- Some urged caution, apparently believing that this government is open to persuasion.
- 2 countable (belief) [formal]people of all persuasions (Religion)gente de todas las creenciasand others of that/her persuasiony otros que opinan así/como ellaExample sentences
- Whatever sexual, ethical, religious and political persuasions a person comes from, it can only be good to give all people a great welcome to Scotland.
- Friends of mine are displaying the peace flags no matter what their religious inclinations or political persuasions.
- Throughout his life, he gained and retained the friendship and respect of men of the most diverse political and religious persuasions.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.