Translation of persuasion in Spanish:
- 1.1 uncountable (act) I didn't need much persuasion to take a vacationuse any means of persuasion to get them to agreeno hubo que insistirme para que me tomara unas vacacionesthey used a little friendly persuasion on him [ironic]persuádalos como sea para que aceptenle aplicaron sus sutiles métodos de persuasión [irónico]Example sentences1.2 countable (belief) [formal]people of all persuasions (Religion)
and others of that/her persuasiongente de todas las creenciasy otros que opinan así/como ellaExample sentences
- They pay special attention to the way social responsibilities are fostered by informal communal processes of persuasion and peer pressure.
- If this means that the professor is open to persuasion, I certainly hope to persuade him.
- Some urged caution, apparently believing that this government is open to persuasion.
- Whatever sexual, ethical, religious and political persuasions a person comes from, it can only be good to give all people a great welcome to Scotland.
- Friends of mine are displaying the peace flags no matter what their religious inclinations or political persuasions.
- Throughout his life, he gained and retained the friendship and respect of men of the most diverse political and religious persuasions.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Opus Dei - Latin for "God's Work" - is a Catholic organization founded in Spain in 1928. The Opus became very influential in Spanish society, above all by founding schools and universities. The aim was to create an élite which would spread Christian ideals throughout society. The University of Navarre is one of its foremost institutions.