Translation of pertain in Spanish:
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo[formal]
- to pertain
tosth 1.1 (belong to) pertenecer* aalgo the assets which pertain to the business los bienes que pertenecen al negocioExample sentences1.2 (have to do with) concernir
- The adjective ‘gastric’ applies to all things pertaining to the stomach.
- To steal anything pertaining to this story would be plagarism and illegal, so please, don't.
- While the individuals pertaining to those groups may argue that they feel they are viable blood donors, why take the risk?
- In the public perception, all matters pertaining to health are the responsibility of the appropriate Ministry, or perhaps it should be so.
- Similarly, on its return route, the bus should bear the related PIN pertaining to its destination.
- The university relations officer works to represent students on all matters pertaining to governance of the university.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In Spain, a gestoría is an office that deals with government agencies on behalf of its clients. It is common practice to use a gestoría to avoid the problems of dealing with Spanish bureaucracy, despite the cost involved.