Translation of petit bourgeois in Spanish:
noun plural petits bourgeois
- pequeño burgués, (pequeña burguesa) (masculine, feminine)Example sentences
- The genre is traceable to The Diary of a Nobody, in which the brothers Grossmith introduced Charles Pooter, the epitome of the petit bourgeois.
- But I cannot imagine these lines in Pollock's mouth, and not just because of all that separates the medieval aristocrat from the modern petit bourgeois.
- He followed in the tradition of Pierre Poujade, whose protest movement of irate petit bourgeois wielded a similar thorn in the waning days of the Fourth Republic.
- pequeño burguésExample sentences
- Still, it was the stifling petit bourgeois respectability of Charleville which engendered the incandescent talent of Arthur Rimbaud, probably the first and still arguably the greatest of adolescent rebel angels.
- He has some lovely things to say about Corot, but disparages his later work because Corot's petit bourgeois mentality led him to refuse ‘to speculate on how the world could be changed.’
- Those of the right followed the lead of the petit bourgeois movement which was really a comprehensive attempt by small shopkeepers to limit or thwart their growth, claiming they were destroying the traditional artisan industry.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.