- 1.1 (terrified) muerto de miedoMore example sentences1.2 [Geology/Geología] petrificado
More example sentences
- I seriously can't cope with them - I'm petrified.
- A Director of Nursing learns of a records falsification by a young nurse, who is petrified of having made a mistake.
- I was always petrified - there don't have to be terrorists.
- Just off the road, the Aztec sandstone outcrops at Redstone Picnic Area are actually petrified sand dunes.
- Figures 24-26 are postcards advertising three petrified wood localities in the Dakotas.
- Riding through a homogenous ocean of petrified clay, we arrive at a remote campsite set within a cluster of trees.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Every year the charitable Fundación Príncipe de Asturias makes eight awards in various categories. They are presented by the Príncipe de Asturias, the heir to the Spanish throne, in the Asturian city of Oviedo. The prize includes a monetary reward of 50,000 euros and a sculpture by the Catalan artist Joan Miró. Winners have included: the writers Umberto Eco and Mario Vargas Llosa; the politicians Nelson Mandela and Yasser Arafat; the organization Médecins sans Frontières; the scientist Stephen Hawking; and the golfer Severiano Ballesteros.