Translation of petrify in Spanish:
- 1.1 (terrify)Example sentences1.2 (Geology)
- You are petrified of letting people see how vulnerable you can be and have a very bad case of stage fright.
- I am petrified of heights and last year did an abseil which I found really scary.
- But I'm also petrified of joblessness, insecurity, and drastic changes happening all at once.
- The chemical components used to artificially petrify wood can be found in natural settings around volcanoes and within sedimentary strata.
- As the ham was petrified within ‘historic time’, it was excluded on the basis of the first of these definitions from being called a fossil.
- The charcoal had kept the hull dry and the salt had petrified it.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Opus Dei - Latin for "God's Work" - is a Catholic organization founded in Spain in 1928. The Opus became very influential in Spanish society, above all by founding schools and universities. The aim was to create an élite which would spread Christian ideals throughout society. The University of Navarre is one of its foremost institutions.