Translation of petty in Spanish:
adjective pettier, pettiest
- 1 (unimportant) petty crimedelito (masculine) menorpetty thief I will not be ordered about by some petty clerk
falta (feminine)no voy a dejar que me dé órdenes cualquier empleaducho de mala muerteExample sentences
- The workers said the dispute was also about an arrogant management culture and petty rules and regulations.
- It diminishes the importance of real problems if they are lumped together with petty complaints.
- Then there are the petty differences in industrial standards and regulations from country to country.
- 2 (small-minded)(attitude)come on, let's not be petty about it
mezquino¡no vamos a discutir por una nimiedad!it was rather petty of you not to shake hands with herno fue muy magnánimo de tu parte no querer darle la manoExample sentences
- Aren't we all, too much into trivial matters and petty thinking and driven by insatiable greed?
- Call it small minded and petty, or just a harmless example of traditional rivalry, but the majority of Scots will take great pleasure in watching England under-achieve in the Far East.
- Envy is one of the worst feelings in the world because it's petty and spiteful.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.