Translation of phase in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (stage) fase (feminine), etapa (feminine); (of an illness) fase (feminine); (of insect development) fase (feminine) the phases of the moon las fases de la luna it's just a phase you're going through ya se te pasaráExample sentences
Example sentences1.2 (state) fase (feminine)
- The country hopes to pass the next key threshold of 25 chapters and reach the final phase of the negotiation process, he said after the meeting.
- The final phase of the planning process is orders production, which centers on developing the CHS casualty treatment and evacuation plan.
- Although agriculture is still caught in the grips of industrialization, corporatization is the final phase of the industrial process.
- Floods cue fish to spawn, for instance, and trigger certain insects to begin a new phase in their life cycles.
- Volvox carteri, like all related green flagellates, is haploid in all active phases of the life cycle, which greatly facilitates isolation of mutants.
- Spined soldier bug adults are strong fliers and, during responsive phases of their life cycle, will fly toward the pheromone from considerable distances.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
phase downverb + object + adverb, verb + adverb + object/verbo + complemento + adverbio, verbo + adverbio + complemento (reduce) [production] reducir* paulatinamente; [spending] reducir* or recortar or disminuir* paulatinamente
phase inverb + object + adverb, verb + adverb + object/verbo + complemento + adverbio, verbo + adverbio + complemento [changes/new system] introducir* paulatinamente
phase outverb + object + adverb, verb + adverb + object/verbo + complemento + adverbio, verbo + adverbio + complemento [service] retirar paulatinamente; [old model] dejar de producir the old coins will be phased out over six months las monedas viejas se irán retirando de la circulación a lo largo de un período de seis meses
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The Distrito Federal is a district of central Mexico, the seat of the federal government. It includes most of Mexico City and its suburbs, and comes under the direct supervision of the Mexican president.