Translation of phase in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (stage)(of an illness)(of insect development)the phases of the moonit's just a phase you're going throughlas fases de la lunaya se te pasaráExample sentences
Example sentences1.2 (state)
- The country hopes to pass the next key threshold of 25 chapters and reach the final phase of the negotiation process, he said after the meeting.
- The final phase of the planning process is orders production, which centers on developing the CHS casualty treatment and evacuation plan.
- Although agriculture is still caught in the grips of industrialization, corporatization is the final phase of the industrial process.
- Floods cue fish to spawn, for instance, and trigger certain insects to begin a new phase in their life cycles.
- Volvox carteri, like all related green flagellates, is haploid in all active phases of the life cycle, which greatly facilitates isolation of mutants.
- Spined soldier bug adults are strong fliers and, during responsive phases of their life cycle, will fly toward the pheromone from considerable distances.
- 1.1 (do in stages)(construction/development)1.2 (coordinate)realizar por etapasExample sentences1.3
also: phased past participle(traffic signals)sincronizadoExample sentences
- She however, said the introduction of unleaded fuel would be gradual as it would be phased in slowly beginning this month.
- He added that any introduction of defibrillators would be phased in, but the aim was for there to be one machine on every engine.
- The company says changes will be phased in gradually, with half the project completed by the end of this year and fully realised by 2005.
- In order to properly phase the two telescopes, adaptive optics on both telescopes removed the distortion caused by the Earth's atmosphere.
- He believes phasing the withdrawal has its benefits.
- The development at Newhall Park Road became fully operational in October last year after a three-week move phasing departments from the old site next door to the new building.
- Councillors suggested possible solutions of phasing the scheme; considering other schemes; and seeking funding from partners.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In some Andean countries, particularly Chile, onces is a light meal eaten between five and six p.m., the equivalent of "afternoon tea" in Britain. In Colombia, on the other hand, onces is a light snack eaten between breakfast and lunch. It is also known as mediasnueves.