Translation of philanthropy in Spanish:
noun plural philanthropies
- 1 uncountable (charitableness)Example sentences
- The greater generosity of Conservatives reflects the value they place on individual philanthropy above publicly-funded welfare services.
- Another implication of prioritising private philanthropy over state welfare is to suggest that if you're rich, you * should * help those on the other end of the scale.
- He has betrayed those who, out of genuine philanthropy, donated money to his campaigns.
- 2 countable (cause) (American English)Example sentences
- Local philanthropies, chiefly the Pew Charitable Trusts, the Lenfest Foundation and the Annenberg Foundation, pledged to help raise $150 million to guarantee the Barnes's future.
- Flexner became secretary of the new Rockefeller Foundation's General Education Board, which heavily funded Johns Hopkins and a few other medical schools and led other philanthropies to follow suit.
- In May 2000, the Pew Charitable Trusts, one of the nation's largest philanthropies, launched the Pew Oceans Commission, co-chaired by New Jersey Gov.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.