See parent entry: → phone
- 1.1verb + adverb she phoned in sickllamó para dar parte de enfermait's the first time I've phoned in to your program
se reportó enferma (Latin America)es la primera vez que llamo a su programa1.2verb + adverb + objectsomeone phoned in a complaint about our last programllamó alguien para quejarse del último programaI phoned in my order/betllamé para hacer un pedido/una apuesta
- (programa de radio o TV en el que el público participa por teléfono)Example sentences
- D-Day on the BBC also includes a wide range of regional output, from documentaries and news coverage to magazine programmes and phone-ins, both on radio and television.
- But I'm sure that those poor souls who are charged with thinking up topics for BBC radio phone-ins and discussion programmes will be lapping this one up.
- As the controversy spread from the broadsheets to the tabloids, to the daytime talkshows and the radio phone-ins, parental anxieties intensified.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.