Translation of phonology in Spanish:
noun plural -gies
- 1.1 uncountable (study)Example sentences1.2 countable (sound system)
- Semantics is not even in second place; what comes next in respect to time devoted to it in linguistic curricula is phonology (the study of speech sounds).
- Panini was a Sanskrit grammarian who gave a comprehensive and scientific theory of phonetics, phonology, and morphology.
- Dan is now a distinguished specialist on Amazonian languages and professor of phonetics and phonology at the fine Department of Linguistics at the University of Manchester in England.
- Pidgins and Creoles do not have a single phonology and phonology remains the least stable system in otherwise stabilized pidgins.
- While this research demonstrates that phonological previews aid in the processing of the target word, evidence from individual difference studies suggests that phonology is not used in the same manner by all readers.
- While these languages shared phonology and grammar, they had entirely different vocabularies.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
A portero is a superintendent in an apartment building who looks after it, keeps it clean, delivers mail, and keeps an eye on comings and goings. Porteros often have an apartment in the building as part of their pay. The portero, and particularly the female portera, are part of popular culture. They have a reputation for being inquisitive and fond of gossip.