Translation of phonology in Spanish:
noun/nombre (plural -gies)
- 1.1 uncountable/no numerable (study) fonología (feminine)Example sentences1.2 countable/numerable (sound system) fonología (feminine)
- Semantics is not even in second place; what comes next in respect to time devoted to it in linguistic curricula is phonology (the study of speech sounds).
- Panini was a Sanskrit grammarian who gave a comprehensive and scientific theory of phonetics, phonology, and morphology.
- Dan is now a distinguished specialist on Amazonian languages and professor of phonetics and phonology at the fine Department of Linguistics at the University of Manchester in England.
- Pidgins and Creoles do not have a single phonology and phonology remains the least stable system in otherwise stabilized pidgins.
- While this research demonstrates that phonological previews aid in the processing of the target word, evidence from individual difference studies suggests that phonology is not used in the same manner by all readers.
- While these languages shared phonology and grammar, they had entirely different vocabularies.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
An estanco is an establishment selling tobacco, stamps, bus and subway passes and other products whose sale is restricted. Cigarettes etc are sold in bars and cafés but at higher prices. Estancos also sell stationery and sometimes newspapers.