Translation of phony in Spanish:
adjective/adjetivo (-nier, -niest)
- [colloquial/familiar] [pejorative/peyorativo] [name/address] falso I can't stand that phony British accent no aguanto ese acento británico fingido a phony deal un tejemaneje [colloquial/familiar] [pejorative/peyorativo], un chanchullo [colloquial/familiar] [pejorative/peyorativo]Example sentences
- The 1990s was a decade of fraudulent privatisations, phony education and poverty alleviating campaigns.
- So what touchstone can we use to distinguish genuine from phoney forwardists?
- Sadly, phoney clinics offer spurious tests which will diagnose allergies in virtually anybody.
noun/nombre (plural -nies or , -neys)[colloquial/familiar] [pejorative/peyorativo]
- 1 (person) farsante (masculine and feminine) [colloquial/familiar] he's not a real count, he's a phony no es un conde de verdad, es un impostor or un farsante
- 2 (thing) falsificación (feminine)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Bonoloto is a Spanish state lottery established in 1988. The others are the Lotería Nacional and the Lotería Primitiva. As with the Lotería Primitiva six numbers are marked on a ticket showing forty-nine numbers and win the main prize if all the numbers come up in the draw.