Translation of phony in Spanish:
adjective -nier, -niest
- [colloquial] [pejorative](name/address)I can't stand that phony British accenta phony dealno aguanto ese acento británico fingidoun tejemaneje [colloquial] [pejorative]un chanchullo [colloquial] [pejorative]Example sentences
- The 1990s was a decade of fraudulent privatisations, phony education and poverty alleviating campaigns.
- So what touchstone can we use to distinguish genuine from phoney forwardists?
- Sadly, phoney clinics offer spurious tests which will diagnose allergies in virtually anybody.
noun plural -nies or -neys[colloquial] [pejorative]
- 1 (person) he's not a real count, he's a phonyno es un conde de verdad, es un impostor or un farsante
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Carnaval is the three days of festivities preceding Lent, characterized by costumes, masks, drinking, music, and dancing.