Translation of phony in Spanish:
adjective -nier, -niest
- [colloquial] [pejorative](name/address)I can't stand that phony British accent
falsono aguanto ese acento británico fingidoa phony dealun tejemaneje [colloquial] [pejorative]
un chanchullo [colloquial] [pejorative]Example sentences
- The 1990s was a decade of fraudulent privatisations, phony education and poverty alleviating campaigns.
- So what touchstone can we use to distinguish genuine from phoney forwardists?
- Sadly, phoney clinics offer spurious tests which will diagnose allergies in virtually anybody.
noun plural -nies or -neys[colloquial] [pejorative]
- 1 (person) he's not a real count, he's a phonyno es un conde de verdad, es un impostor or un farsante
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.