Translation of picket in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (group) to mount a picketformar un piquete(before noun) picket dutypiquete (masculine) de guardiaExample sentences1.2 (individual)
(miembro de un piquete)Example sentences1.3 (Military) [dated]
- ‘No picquet should be less than 1 Officer and 15 men,’ he was told.
- For many of the campaigns of history sentries, or larger security parties constituting infantry pickets or cavalry vedettes, did not habitually fire on one another.
- Union cavalry pickets and Signal Corps observers would have provided similar intelligence.
- Opponents would claim that the sight of placard-wielding pickets outside various religious functions presents the Gospel in a poor light.
- The general secretary, who joined pickets outside the station, said the strikes proved that rail workers did not believe they were being treated fairly on pay.
- After two months management hired a new workforce, reopened operations and called in police to disperse pickets outside the hotel.
- 2 (stake)Example sentences
- It was fenced with white picket wood, and the dirt was clean and smooth, as if someone had just cleaned it up hours before.
- In one of my gardens, in the dappled shade of oak trees, I have placed a pair of them either side of a wooden picket gate, where they are a delight each spring.
- There was also in evidence picket poles, rods, chains and all the instrumental paraphernalia of field work.
formar un piquete frente a
piquetear (esp Latin America)Example sentences
- Many workers picketed outside courthouses in the main cities during the week.
- Strikers picketed offices in London, Manchester, Leeds, Liverpool, Norwich, Birmingham and Nottingham.
- Workers who picket a workplace and demonstrators who block roads or entrances to financial institutions, such as the stock exchange, could be charged as terrorists, as could computer hackers.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.