Translation of picket in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (group) piquete (masculine) to mount a picket formar un piquete (before noun/delante del nombre) picket duty piquete (masculine) de guardia 1.2 (individual)[ miembro de un piquete ]Example sentences1.3 [Military/Militar] [anticuado] piquete (masculine)
- Opponents would claim that the sight of placard-wielding pickets outside various religious functions presents the Gospel in a poor light.
- The general secretary, who joined pickets outside the station, said the strikes proved that rail workers did not believe they were being treated fairly on pay.
- After two months management hired a new workforce, reopened operations and called in police to disperse pickets outside the hotel.
- ‘No picquet should be less than 1 Officer and 15 men,’ he was told.
- For many of the campaigns of history sentries, or larger security parties constituting infantry pickets or cavalry vedettes, did not habitually fire on one another.
- Union cavalry pickets and Signal Corps observers would have provided similar intelligence.
- 2 (stake) estaca (feminine)Example sentences
- It was fenced with white picket wood, and the dirt was clean and smooth, as if someone had just cleaned it up hours before.
- In one of my gardens, in the dappled shade of oak trees, I have placed a pair of them either side of a wooden picket gate, where they are a delight each spring.
- There was also in evidence picket poles, rods, chains and all the instrumental paraphernalia of field work.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- [factory/workplace] formar un piquete frente a, piquetear (especially Latin America/especialmente América Latina)
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
- tomar parte en un piquete, piquetear (especially Latin America/especialmente América Latina)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Havana, Cuba has three daily newspapers. The best known is Granma(www.granma.cubaweb.cu), official newspaper of the Cuban Communist Party. Trabajadores is published by the Cuban trade union movement, and the more lively Juventud Rebelde is aimed at a younger readership.