- 1 1.1 (group) piquete (masculine) to mount a picket formar un piquete (before noun/delante del nombre) picket duty piquete (masculine) de guardia 1.2 (individual)[ miembro de un piquete ]More example sentences1.3 [Military/Militar] [anticuado] piquete (masculine)
More example sentences
- Opponents would claim that the sight of placard-wielding pickets outside various religious functions presents the Gospel in a poor light.
- The general secretary, who joined pickets outside the station, said the strikes proved that rail workers did not believe they were being treated fairly on pay.
- After two months management hired a new workforce, reopened operations and called in police to disperse pickets outside the hotel.
- ‘No picquet should be less than 1 Officer and 15 men,’ he was told.
- For many of the campaigns of history sentries, or larger security parties constituting infantry pickets or cavalry vedettes, did not habitually fire on one another.
- Union cavalry pickets and Signal Corps observers would have provided similar intelligence.
- 2 (stake) estaca (feminine)More example sentences
- It was fenced with white picket wood, and the dirt was clean and smooth, as if someone had just cleaned it up hours before.
- In one of my gardens, in the dappled shade of oak trees, I have placed a pair of them either side of a wooden picket gate, where they are a delight each spring.
- There was also in evidence picket poles, rods, chains and all the instrumental paraphernalia of field work.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- [factory/workplace] formar un piquete frente a, piquetear (especially Latin America/especialmente América Latina)
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
- tomar parte en un piquete, piquetear (especially Latin America/especialmente América Latina)
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Guernica is a Basque town destroyed by German bombers fighting on the Nationalist side in the Spanish Civil War in April 1937.